General MBTA Topics (Multi Modal, Budget, MassDOT)

Re: Driven By Customer 'Service' Parte Dos

If they would have waited, Jass would be bitching that they weren't available and should have been put out for a least a little bit of use before Marathon. There's no winning, so why engage?

I can certainly see closing those stations for the Marathon, but why not reopen them the next day (17th) ?

They've been saying it for about a week, I think. At least on Twitter they have been.

So what about the rest of us that don't use Twitter? A posted notice at those stations and an email to subscribers would have been nice.

Why isn't this in the bike thread where it would be useful for people who are actually interested in biking? This has nothing to do with the MBTA and their customer service.

I'm getting sick of the lack of organization on this board. People are just dumping topics everywhere whether they are related to the thread or not. The mods shouldn't be the ones who have to clean these messes when they can be avoided in the first place by the OP.

Why isn't this in the bike thread where it would be useful for people who are actually interested in biking? This has nothing to do with the MBTA and their customer service.

I'm getting sick of the lack of organization on this board. People are just dumping topics everywhere whether they are related to the thread or not. The mods shouldn't be the ones who have to clean these messes when they can be avoided in the first place by the OP.

Because I clicked the wrong thread by mistake? Get over yourself. If a bike post being in the MBTA thread gets you this riled up, seek help.

If they would have waited, Jass would be bitching that they weren't available and should have been put out for a least a little bit of use before Marathon. There's no winning, so why engage?

Like ron, I understand disabling the stations for the day. Why a whole week, and why only post it on their facebook page the day of, with nothing on their official website? Its not like the marathon is a surprise. Just seems like the whole thing is being run extremely unprofessionally with no attention to the customers.

Saw this in Philly last week.

Two things the MBTA needs.

1) Night buses
2) Clear hours of operation at stations

IMG_4339.jpg

Can someone explain to me the logic behind having CharlieCards expire?

Can someone explain to me the logic behind having CharlieCards expire?

Didn't the manufacturer set the expiration date on the actual RFID hardware's lifespan? Legally, it's a terrible idea to say anything will last forever.

SEPTA also has restored several street running trolley lines. Imagine the MBTA doing that.

Didn't the manufacturer set the expiration date on the actual RFID hardware's lifespan? Legally, it's a terrible idea to say anything will last forever.

So, just let them die out. Why force them into retirement prematurely?

So, just let them die out. Why force them into retirement prematurely?

Then people would reallllly be bitchin' when their stored value is lost permanently. Best way to do it is to not allow the adding of value after the current "expiration" date. Then you can use it up all the way up until it actually dies, giving you plenty of time to not have any "trapped" value left on it.

Ok, I guess that makes sense.

If your Charlie Card expires but still has value on it go to the T service center at Downtown Crossing. They will figure what you have left then issue a new card with that balance on it.

SEPTA also has restored several street running trolley lines. Imagine the MBTA doing that.

Saw this in Philly last week.

Two things the MBTA needs.

1) Night buses
2) Clear hours of operation at stations

Good Lord, it's more than slightly frightening when we're looking to SEPTA for ideas to improve the T. No offense to SEPTA, of course. But its reputation does precede it.

Good Lord, it's more than slightly frightening when we're looking to SEPTA for ideas to improve the T. No offense to SEPTA, of course. But its reputation does precede it.

I had no trouble riding their system. The one odd thing was how EMPTY it was. Philly is many time bigger than Boston, where the hell are the people?

9:30pm Monday night.

IMG_4341.jpg

The system is a LOT like Boston. Indeed, this station reminds me of what Kenmore was planned to be. Heavy rail on the inner tracks, trolleys on the outer tracks.

IMG_4299.jpg

Also rode a bus and had no issues at all.

I had no trouble riding their system. The one odd thing was how EMPTY it was. Philly is many time bigger than Boston, where the hell are the people?

Density! Boston's incredibly impressive density is much higher than Philly's. Big /= seeing a lot of people! Just one of the many things that makes Boston so much better than Philly.

What in the world is up with the Green Line today?? Waited 25 minutes at Government Center for a B train and stood at Park for another 10 as a 'schedule adjustment... Talk about an absolute joke. It just grinds my gears to think we'll be paying MORE come July for the same unreliable nonsense with no end in sight.

I have thought of buying a one year T pass (which normally is essentially paying 11 months up front and getting the 12th free) in June before the fare increase. Is this possible? I am not entirely sure at this point.

While that would be brilliant, I don't believe they offer a yearly pass. Probably because so few would actually do that and they would want to avoid people doing exactly what you propose when fare increases come around. :)

I have thought of buying a one year T pass (which normally is essentially paying 11 months up front and getting the 12th free) in June before the fare increase. Is this possible? I am not entirely sure at this point.

No, month only. Colleges get special 4-month "semester" deals at 11% of the normal price.

Back