Hood Business Park | 480-570 Rutherford Avenue | Charlestown

Terminally uninteresting but considering where this is happening, it's a win.

"Hood Park Drive"

AJSDJWRIOF;KLSNCLKCasklklqwojqokmqw02e29jqwkln
[mashes head on keyboard]

I really hate how the buildings seem to turn their back to Rutherford Ave. The City and the Charlestown neighbors really want Rutherford Ave to become much more of a main street rather than a pseudo-highway.

I really hate how the buildings seem to turn their back to Rutherford Ave. The City and the Charlestown neighbors really want Rutherford Ave to become much more of a main street rather than a pseudo-highway.

I totally agree but as with Melnea Cass, Rutherford is hamstrung by the DOT which is historically anti-urban. These are roads that need a complete rethinking which is outside of what these developers can do. This here is a great modern office park but it'll only be that unless the urban fabric is corrected.

16hoodparkA.jpg

^^^ No more Elkus apparently. Rendering credit to SMMA.

BPDA approved.

And a tenant for the office space.

“We’re very excited about it,” said Larry Weiner, head of global real estate for Indigo Ag, which has about 400 employees in Charlestown and last year raised $250 million to fund continued expansion.”We’re growing very quickly, and we need someplace to go.”
https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...charlestown/sEKHgFiP4LLea8aR78BkEM/story.html

I know this will be a net positive for the area, but it's so... boring.

streetview6_18_0219.0.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_03_19_at_9.14.05_AM.png

14f0823e-f3ba-4a88-8583-89938ff65463

“Hood Park revised master plan wins key Boston approval
Charlestown megaproject slated to include more than 1.74 million square feet and nearly 3 acres of open space”

“The Boston Planning and Development Agency in late March approved changes to the plan for developing the approximately 20-acre Hood Park campus near I-93 and the Sullivan Square Orange Line stop in Charlestown.

If Boston Zoning Commission also approves, the changes will grow the project by about 566,000 square feet to a total of 1,735,800 square feet.”

https://boston.curbed.com/platform/amp/boston-development/2019/3/19/18271568/hood-park-charlestown-campus

“Stack shack” in the render is kind of close to trademark infringement.

912 parking spaces = live?

Is this some strange use of a banner template?

Live / Work / Sustain

You can live here (there's lots of parking), you can work here (there's office space), etc.

912 parking spaces = live?

Is this some strange use of a banner template?

There's no residential component to that building, so the parking garage is the only part of it that supports the "Live" goal of the overall site plan. I think. People living elsewhere on the site would rent parking there.

Back