Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

From Logan's Facebook:
Vote for a color scheme for the new Terminal B connector and enter to win a $100 Legal Sea Foods gift card! Simply email us your favorite color scheme from the three choices below, your name and address to: love@massport.com for a chance to win. A winer will be chosen on Valentine's!

Red/Brown is going to get the most votes because:
1) It is listed first
2) They've clearly run two Blue/Green candidates to split the Blue/Green vote.

Its like running two guys named Joseph Russo in the same election

But Red should not be used in an airport. Red is a jarring, emotionally antagonizing color, while blue and green are soothing and calming. Color theory 101.

Edit: this is especially relevant to terminal B because the whole terminal is a total dump. A, C, and E are renovated and beautiful. They don't need the same emotional pick-me-up that terminal B does.

But Red should not be used in an airport. Red is a jarring, emotionally antagonizing color, while blue and green are soothing and calming. Color theory 101.

Edit: this is especially relevant to terminal B because the whole terminal is a total dump. A, C, and E are renovated and beautiful. They don't need the same emotional pick-me-up that terminal B does.

I totally agree. I voted #2.

C terminal is fine, but the gate area sucks. The don't need to do much, just figure out if they can raise the ceiling somehow. Make like a glass pyramid above, then knock out the current roof. Whenever I am there, i feel like they are trying to turn me into a diamond.

E is nice, but the gate area can get real crowded real fast when all the Europe flights start up.

A is awesome.

What is the plan for reorganizing Logan terminal gates given the expected merger of American with USAir?

Right now 'Disunited' Airlines is still in both A and C, a legacy of their merger with Continental.

Also, AirTran is eventually going to disappear into Southwest.

I think A and E are inoffensively bland, C is a mishmash of awful and okay, and B is a mishmash of awful and really awful. I always have to shake my head when people praise Logan's infrastructure or appearance. I don't mean to be disrespectful or snide, but jesus...get out much? Been to any other airports lately? I think Boston is just taking a crappy airport and slowly making it less crappy.

What is the plan for reorganizing Logan terminal gates given the expected merger of American with USAir?

Right now 'Disunited' Airlines is still in both A and C, a legacy of their merger with Continental.

IIRC, jetBlue is supposed to be taking over all of Terminal C.

I did, too. Two is easily the nicest; it will be refreshing and not look as dated as quickly as one or three.

I will 3rd #2. This also happened to be the tile-scheme of my middle school. Looks really nice.

capeair will also be in terminal c, but thats just splitting hairs.

They're pretty much an operative of jetBlue, right?
CapeAir is independent and has allied its little prop hub with different carriers at BOS over the years (it was Continental way back in the old Terminal A IIRC) Once it was ear that JetBlue was going to be the biggest guy in BOS but in need of a prop feeder the two got together.

There seems to be quite a bit yet to be decided, but the option I've heard most is that United and American will split B in a way yet to be determined with Air Canada staying there as well adjacent to United (which is their alliance partner). Virgin's gates (and dedicated checkpoint) will be subsumed into the rest of B as part of the renovation, and they'll be kicked over to A, possibly along with Southwest so that JetBlue would end up with all of C, including the former D gates and domestic E gates, all behind security thanks to the new connector. In addition, there are whispers that the next Massport project will be the C40-42 connection and a full sterile hallway between B and C.

If I recall correctly, my last United flight arrived at terminal A, even though they tend to depart from terminal C.

According to Logan's Terminal A page:

United (formerly Continental Airlines)
If you are flying to or connecting at the below 3 cities on United, use Terminal A.
Cleveland (CLE)
Houston (IAH)
Newark (EWR)

If you are flying to or connecting at Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington Dulles on United, use Terminal C.

Passengers RETURNING to or ARRIVING at Logan should check with United to determine at which terminal they will arrive. This information could impact decisions including pick-up and parking.

According to Logan's Terminal A page:

United (formerly Continental Airlines)
If you are flying to or connecting at the below 3 cities on United, use Terminal A.
Cleveland (CLE)
Houston (IAH)
Newark (EWR)

If you are flying to or connecting at Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington Dulles on United, use Terminal C.

Passengers RETURNING to or ARRIVING at Logan should check with United to determine at which terminal they will arrive. This information could impact decisions including pick-up and parking.

My flight was arriving from SF.

The person picking me up was confused because all the signs say terminal C united.

Also, from the internet:

MlDWZUt_zpsd02e95b0.jpg

Back