Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

I would expect a 777-200LR to start, potentially moving up at a 773ER if demand dictates. As I think I've said here before they had a rumored start date of July 1 of this year with Miami having been slated to start in October. Neither came through obviously but I would expect those to be the next two cities, followed by Chicago then Newark. After that it's anyone's guess. There are no major holes in the route map aside from Boston, Miami and Chicago right now.

Cool! Would they fly a 777 out of logan?

After those other cities are added, and maybe some more in Texas, it will be interesting to see how many other places they open up in the US. I imagine there aren't a ton of second level cities with huge numbers going to Dubai or beyond that emirates can split.

They serve Houston and DFW, there aren't any other cities in Texas for them to service. San Antonio and Austin both don't even have non-stop flights to Europe.

Aside from Boston, Miami and Chicago, perhaps Atlanta is the only other major city left for them to serve in the US.

They serve Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York (JFK), San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C., add in Boston, Miami and Chicago and there is very little left to add.

my thoughts exactly. It didn't sound like had more planned, but could you see them doing more of those fifth-freedom routes like JFK to Milan they are launching. I had never heard of those before, but it sounds like an interesting way to inject some more competition in international routes. Are they super limited?

I'm sure their partnership with JetBlue plays a big role in the Boston connection. Emirates is one of the few airlines that you can accrue JetBlue miles on and vice versa. It's a good connection point for the two (as is, obviously, JFK).

It's an added benefit but I wouldn't call JetBlue integral to Emirates' success in Boston. There's more than enough existing demand to the Middle East and India to stimulate into something sustainable.

It's an added benefit but I wouldn't call JetBlue integral to Emirates' success in Boston. There's more than enough existing demand to the Middle East and India to stimulate into something sustainable.

Agreed - in fact this partnership helps JetBlue in Boston and NYC more than it helps Emirates.

They serve Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York (JFK), San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C., add in Boston, Miami and Chicago and there is very little left to add.

No Philly? Charlotte? Orlando? Minneapolis? Detroit (RIP)?

Detroit, maybe.

Other than Detroit possibly Atlanta, Denver and Orlando(via Europe).

Saudi Arabian Airlines had a jet parked outside Terminal E this morning around 7AM - anyone know what that was about?

Interesting presentation from June 2012 by Massport. When you read it there are two airlines that are not mentioned that probably should have in retrospect.

http://www.maroundtable.com/aroundTable/120620/RouteDevPlan_GovPatrick.pdf

Thanks! Great stuff!

Barcelona surprises me as the largest O&D market with a flight. What is stimulating such demand?

Any chance that Air Canada or any other carriers could tap into a flight to Vancouver? (Especially Air Canada, with their hub connections to Western Canada and the Asia-Oceania region of the world.)

Is Mexico City really strong and profitable enough at this point?

Slightly off-topic, but any chance we could see JetBlue open a lounge similar to the one they recently opened at JFK, especially with plans for long-haul "first class" seats?

http://blog.jetblue.com/index.php/2013/02/26/lounge-to-open-at-jfk-t5-in-may/

10 days and counting...

bZsIHp6.jpg

What happens to the scattered parcels that currently house the rental car companies?

It will be nice to have such a facility walkable from the terminals. (It is walkable, right?)

What happens to the scattered parcels that currently house the rental car companies?

It will be nice to have such a facility walkable from the terminals. (It is walkable, right?)

Not really walkable.

Back