Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

^ That's really amusing :)

But no mention of the new kiosks?

Anyone been to Logan with a camera recently?

There's a lot of construction underway -- we need some pix and hopefully some updates from some of the folks who are involved with the C-E Connector and the Term E A380 gate and air lounge expansion

I'll be in terminal E next week I'll try and get us some pics of those things then.

Massport has a $40 million A-B connector, both pre and post security going out to bid in either 2016 or 2017 (confusing date on the project list).

Massport has a $40 million A-B connector, both pre and post security going out to bid in either 2016 or 2017 (confusing date on the project list).

How are they doing it exactly? They should have a pedestrian subway connect from Terminal B to the halfway point of the A to A Annex subway. Would also be great if they could put more amenities/shops/etc in the subway.

I've got some, will try to get them up tonight - notably the old AA hangar to the west of term E is coming down fast, currently just down the ribs, to make way for the new 380 gates at E

Would it ever be possible to expand terminal E outwards to open up the waiting area a bit? Or is their only option what they're currently doing?

How are they doing it exactly? They should have a pedestrian subway connect from Terminal B to the halfway point of the A to A Annex subway. Would also be great if they could put more amenities/shops/etc in the subway.
The sum and substance of the project is this:
"Pre & Post-Sec Connector-Term A&B
Project: L1313"
$40,000,000.00
with a confusing set of dates (2016-17) and indications there will be a RFQ.

IMO, $40,000,000 doesn't buy a subway connection..

The final piece of the pre-security A-B connector is already under construction per MPA L1191. It is lumped in with the West Garage Expansion contract. Also, I have WG photos from my last site visit, but I'm not certain I'm allowed to share them publicly.

20268002079_4b577dee17_k.jpg

There's a lot of construction underway -- we need some pix and hopefully some updates from some of the folks who are involved with the C-E Connector and the Term E A380 gate and air lounge expansion

Flew Lufthansa to Frankfurt two weeks ago - 10:10 departure so didn't see much. Will be on SATA today flying from Lisbon - and will get in around 5:30-6:00 so hopefully will see more.

Sad to see the AA hangar go. Had it been restored, it'd have had an awesome "Catch Me If You Can" streamline-meets-jet-age vibe.

Yes, totally agree - had great potential (aesthetically at least) for adaptive reuse - could have been a great place to wait 60 mins for passport control, for example ;)

Yes, totally agree - had great potential (aesthetically at least) for adaptive reuse - could have been a great place to wait 60 mins for passport control, for example ;)

Not tonight got through passport control and customs under 30 minutes.

Check in at Lisbon with SATA was a different story though off-topic.

Sad to see the AA hangar go. Had it been restored, it'd have had an awesome "Catch Me If You Can" streamline-meets-jet-age vibe.

WOW -- that's one of the last bits of the Olde Logan of yore

I first remember using Logan when I was still in grade school -- it was a Northeast 'Yellow Bird" -- they offered in midsummer a charity flight for I think the Jimmy Fund -- it was $10 for about 15 minutes of flying around greater Boston before landing -- and like a roller coaster -- you wanted to do it again

Norwegian has announced two weekly Oslo and (only) weekly Copenhagen and has loaded those two destinations along with previously announced London-Gatwick

Schedule, (1-Monday .... 7-Sunday). It appears that they have a certain arrival/departure slot for Terminal E for these flights.

DY 7140 OSL-BOS 18:30-20:00 26
DY 7142 BOS-OSL 21:45-10:30 15

DY 7147 LGW-BOS 17:45-20:00 1357
DY 7148 BOS-LGW 21:45-09:05 2467

DY 7145 CPH-BOS 18:05-20:00 4
DY 7146 BOS-CPH 21:45-10:55 3

Start dates for each leg
CPH-BOS 5/12/16
BOS-CPH 5/18/16
LGW-BOS 5/13/16
BOS-LGW - 5/14/16
OSL-BOS - 5/14/16
BOS-OSL - 5/16/16

Priced the Boston-Gatwick 5/14-5/22 and got $591.60 for the absolute lowest fare (no bags etc.). $81 extra each way gets you bag, seat selection, and food.

Priced Oslo and got $435.90 for a flight in Oslo. $50.70 each way gets you bag/seat selection/food.

SAS is supposed to announce Miami and more tomorrow - Will we see direct competition on Oslo or Copenhagen, Boston-Stockholm, or nothing?

Back