Lovejoy Wharf | 131 Beverly Street | West End

I love this development. And great pic... Once the "Hub's" base starts going in, that picture is going to get very, very busy. Can't wait for that intersection to develop just as Lovejoy starts to wrap up across the way.

Boston is BOOMING. I love that we are filling in the fabric the way we are and most projects are very good. This development from the converse building to this current one are the way to do it correctly. The brick on this looks very very good. If the pic above was slightly zoomed out there would be 6 buildings under construction in 1 shot. That is incredible. Also the expanded harbor walk is a huge benefit to the city as a whole. Lets keep this up, were really doing things the right way.

Was rushing to work today and didn't have time for a picture, but the glass is filling in on this one and it looks great. A lovely dark tint, but not overwhelmingly so- it's a nice contrast.

Was rushing to work today and didn't have time for a picture, but the glass is filling in on this one and it looks great. A lovely dark tint, but not overwhelmingly so- it's a nice contrast.

This building is going to look great. Couple questions:
- I recall hearing a few years ago plans to bring a T ferry to Lovejoy, but think this was scrapped, correct? Will there be any water taxi service here?
- Are there any plans to clean up the dead end of Beverly Street and the State Police parking lots? Right now it's all pretty haphazard when you walk through the segment just after crossing over the dam...

I read/heard somewhere that there was going to be a navy yard walking connection to love joy...anyone confirm?

- I recall hearing a few years ago plans to bring a T ferry to Lovejoy, but think this was scrapped, correct? Will there be any water taxi service here?

Post #76 from January:

The BRA has accepted a grant in the amount of $600,000 from the USDOT FTA through the MBTA, and a $150,000 grant match from the MassDOT; and to advertise an Invitation for Bids for the construction and installation of a water transportation terminal at Lovejoy Wharf.

Lovejoy Wharf will be getting a ferry terminal.

Ferry service from Lovejoy Wharf was included in the GE pitch book as well.

I read/heard somewhere that there was going to be a navy yard walking connection to love joy...anyone confirm?

I'm not sure how that would work - there already is a connection across the dam, so I think possibly the "connection" refers to cleaning up the end of Beverley - which I was asking if they had any formal plans for. Again, anyone know? The other possibility is the new stairs from the N Wash bridge to Lovejoy, which shorten the walk a bit.

Post #76 from January:

Ferry service from Lovejoy Wharf was included in the GE pitch book as well.

Sweet. There is surprisingly little info about this ferry on the Internet... Will it be a public mbta ferry or one of the state funded ones?

Well, there is supposed to be a DCR bridge over the Charles to eliminate the need to walk the locks at some point in the future. Also the cantilever ped bridge off the rolling bridges should get built when the bridges are replaced.

I was told during the Connect Historic Boston meetings that Beverly Street was going to be redone by the Lovejoy wharf development. I haven't seen any designs and don't know how far their scope extends.

I'm not sure how that would work - there already is a connection across the dam, so I think possibly the "connection" refers to cleaning up the end of Beverley - which I was asking if they had any formal plans for. Again, anyone know?

The stub end of Beverley looks nicer already - they've expanded the sidewalk on the highway side and put in some landscaping etc...

It's a wilderness of haphazardly parked state police vehicles once you get past the new boardwalk though....

Well, there is supposed to be a DCR bridge over the Charles to eliminate the need to walk the locks at some point in the future. Also the cantilever ped bridge off the rolling bridges should get built when the bridges are replaced.

I was told during the Connect Historic Boston meetings that Beverly Street was going to be redone by the Lovejoy wharf development. I haven't seen any designs and don't know how far their scope extends.

The dcr bridge is the bridge that's supposed to run next to the train bridge. Gonna have to be a drawbridge and probably not gonna happen for a while. It would be more out of the way even if built than just using the locks... At least, to connect a pedestrian from the navy yard to lovejoy (tho there is that back connection to the garden along the zakim)...

Would be nice to see the police cars tidied up but I'm sure they'll fight to have their parking fiefdom fiercely..

The cladding seems like it drew inspiration from rowes wharf. Looks great.

This whole thing is just spectacular, including the Converse building. This is arguably the most respectful development of the last few years.

Back