Lovejoy Wharf | 131 Beverly Street | West End

Wait, what? I apparently haven't seen this thread in a long while. This thing is half-way up already!

Well I guess that answers the question of precast vs. actual brick and mortar.

Actual brick and mortar can be built as part of lift-able backup assemblies. It's not very common, but they may be doing it here.

23980296502_d19fddc33c_c.jpg

Sweet! Those stainless steel panels for the Zakim abutment never looked better.

^There are three window columns that pop out of the building. I'm guessing that those parts of the pour are the tops of said columns.

The BRA has accepted a grant in the amount of $600,000 from the USDOT FTA through the MBTA, and a $150,000 grant match from the MassDOT; and to advertise an Invitation for Bids for the construction and installation of a water transportation terminal at Lovejoy Wharf.

Lovejoy Wharf will be getting a ferry terminal.

To replace the ferry terminal that they built during the Big Dig and then promptly tore up. Great planning...

It's probably also worth noting that the Charlestown Bridge is a real limiting factor here. You can't get the Navy Yard Ferry, or the Hingham/Hull, Salem, Lynn Seasonal, etc. under there. Best you can hope for is the Cultural Connector and the Water Taxi. I've never seen the numbers on those, but I'd assume they aren't great. But for only a couple hundred thousand? Whatever, that's not a huge outlay.

Back