Lovejoy Wharf | 131 Beverly Street | West End

It will mostly be glass, if that helps

Too bad the taller portion doesn't have a different facade. Could have pulled off the three distinct buildings look nicely here.

36c80ca7-4faa-4718-a50a-68721a1ebc36

Comparing the number of stories in the render with the latest pics and it looks like this thing is close to topping out. Those renders made it look deceptively tall with the stretched upper floors, amiright?

^^^ Correct about the topping off. I also had the same impression that the tower would be 4 to 5 floors taller.

^^^ Correct about the topping off. I also had the same impression that the tower would be 4 to 5 floors taller.

4-5 occupied floors. The penthouse will extend the proportions.

cca

Unproven location for uber-luxury; I assume they would have gone taller if they thought they could have sold them, once the abutter problem was solved.

North station tower went tall and this is like a one block further walk from north station. NST does have parking though so I guess that may be the deal breaker for rich people.

Unproven location for uber-luxury; I assume they would have gone taller if they thought they could have sold them, once the abutter problem was solved.

What would you call Strada? It ain't exactly a dump. Or the million dollar condos in the North End and West End that you can spit on in a strong wind from this spot?

Aesthetically, I think the scale looks good the way it is.

If developers couldn't sell "uber-luxury" then they could just sell "luxury" and still make more profit. The marginal cost of adding more floors to this building would have been significantly less than the market value of those floors, especially considering that the land is a sunk cost.

The height was determined by permitting, not by a cost-benefit analysis on the part of the developer.

NST is an apartment building, though, not condos.

I wouldn't call Strada "uber-luxury" and it's borderline "luxury", in my opinion. It was built as apartments, after all, and only converted to condos when the market got hot.

And, I don't know of many, if any, million-dollar condos in the West End. Surely not in Charles River Park.

People are buying at Ink Block for $1,000+ per square foot, and I imagine the Related-Beal units will be above that, but I don't think a standalone project like Beverly St will have the demand that other developments might have, esp. without parking, as was mentioned.

Unless you really, really love the Penalty Box.

I wouldn't call Strada "uber-luxury" and it's borderline "luxury", in my opinion. It was built as apartments, after all, and only converted to condos when the market got hot.

Agreed. Strada isn't "uber-luxury" or even "high end." A friend owns a condo in Strada and I've been there a few times. It's nice, but it just has standard generic apartment-grade finishes (rather than condo-grade). The building itself doesn't really have any special amenities either.

A couple Bruins & Celtics players live in Strada though.

NST is an apartment building, though, not condos.

And, I don't know of many, if any, million-dollar condos in the West End. Surely not in Charles River Park.

People are buying at Ink Block for $1,000+ per square foot, and I imagine the Related-Beal units will be above that, but I don't think a standalone project like Beverly St will have the demand that other developments might have, esp. without parking, as was mentioned.

Unless you really, really love the Penalty Box.

The Penalty Box is actually no more. The location went (relatively) upscale and is now called "Causeway."

Back