Marriott Moxy Hotel | 240 Tremont Street (Parcel P-7A) | Theater District

Re: Theater District Parcel P-7A | 240 Tremont Street | Downtown

Which lander, your post might the least self aware posting in the history of the internet. Your bitching about

This isn't a college paper here, you don't have to do any research to post. Second, who cares about swearing really

Suffolk -- surely you know by now that posting on the web is as close to eternity as we can come -- some day 10 or so years from now -- you just might be surprised because someone read one of your posts and thought -- a bit unprofessional

As for the research -- I'm not talking exhaustive research -- I'm talking -- when someone is so clueless as to the situation to ask a question which can be answered by a Google in 10 to 30 seconds -- but they are not just clueless -- they are so much of a couch-potato that they can't be bothered to Google the topic -- and instead ask the questions such as "is the Pope Catholic -- I just wanted to know?"

As for the building -- the latest incarnation sounds interesting -- but as there have been many previous attempts -- I'll wait until at least something is approved

Suffolk -- surely you know by now that posting on the web is as close to eternity as we can come -- some day 10 or so years from now -- you just might be surprised because someone read one of your posts and thought -- a bit unprofessional

As for the research -- I'm not talking exhaustive research -- I'm talking -- when someone is so clueless as to the situation to ask a question which can be answered by a Google in 10 to 30 seconds -- but they are not just clueless -- they are so much of a couch-potato that they can't be bothered to Google the topic -- and instead ask the questions such as "is the Pope Catholic -- I just wanted to know?"

As for the building -- the latest incarnation sounds interesting -- but as there have been many previous attempts -- I'll wait until at least something is approved

Maybe some folks are interested in reading what other people here might think, so they ask a blatantly obvious question just to solicit those opinions.

Anywho, how about those small hotel rooms? Anyone stay in one?

Stayed in a boutique hotel in Manhattan a few years ago which began its life as an orphanage -- without individual plumbing. Before it became a hotel its intermediate state was as a rooming house -- no individual plumbing

To make it into a hotel they added a packaged plumbing unit -- a bit more spacious than the ol est ocupado on an airplane and that made the room so small that the door to the bathroom hit the bed.

I think the contract that I was working on at the time paid about $250 for the two nights in the hotel

The only other micro hotel room that I stayed in was in Katowice Poland -- it was a renovated Communist era hotel -- same original as NYC no-private plumbing so they add in the packaged plastic unit. No elevators for a 4 story hotel -- but this one had a unique feature -- a micro balcony overlooking the Polish version of Home Depot across the street

I wouldn't recommend the micro room for anything over a couple of nights unless you are used to living in a pup tent with a large pup :)

There's a hostel across the street from this. I am assuming this is oriented towards similar demographic except maybe newly married who want more privacy or singles on short trips. I stayed a night in a micro unit(~15 sq. m. with one twin bed) in Brussels few years ago - it was perfectly fine for one night...

another hotel
another Apple store
another glass box with the usual tricks

well...... so be it

There is no apple store here. The only reason the apple logo is on the building is to demonstrate a billboard. And even if it was an apple store what is so terrible about that?

Boston does need more hotels and it is in an area that is a major tourist destination again I fail to see an issue.

The building itself is similar in massing to the MassArt dorm which i like and the glass is a little overused in the random pattern trend but so be it. It really is not terrible.

I just don't quite understand all of the negativity. i just wish it were a little taller.

A tiny parcel is getting infilled, preserving a piece of the fine grained urban fabric. I'm happy about that.

I'm so baffled at the skepticism towards a hotel... where do people think we are??

Boston hotels have become some of the world's most expensive - for a similar quality hotel, you'll pay more in Boston than pretty much any other US city (including NY).

There is no better use for this land, in this part of town, than a hotel. I just hope the building's architecture isn't total crap.

Public Meeting tonight:

PARCEL P-7A PUBLIC MEETING
APR 09, 2015
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM

Contact Name:
Tyler Norod

Contact Email Address:
Tyler.Norod@Boston.gov

Contact Phone:

Type:
Public Meeting

230 Stuart Street, South Cove Plaza, Boston, MA 02116

Description:
Amherst Media Investors Boston, LLC is proposing to construct a hotel on Parcel P-7A located at 240 Tremont Street in the Midtown Cultural District of Boston. The Amendment to the Notice of Project Change proposes increasing the number of hotel rooms from 240 to 346 micro hotel rooms while adding four (4) stories to the proposed project. The revised project will consist of approximately 125,000 square feet of space which is an increase from the 101,000 square feet previously proposed. The project will also include a digital media signage component similar to what was proposed in the Notice of Project Change.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho.../calendar/2015/04/09/parcel-7a-public-meeting

This thread began in 2006 when a few of you guys were high school freshman! Sad thing is, this time frame to get things built in this town isn't an isolated occurrence, it happens quite often. Glad to see it's finally moving forward, hopefully to be completed in the next decade!

Two midtowns, for the win! Take that Manhattan!

This thread began in 2006 when a few of you guys were high school freshman! Sad thing is, this time frame to get things built in this town isn't an isolated occurrence, it happens quite often. Glad to see it's finally moving forward, hopefully to be completed in the next decade!

High school freshmen? I was nine years old in 2006. It has taken half of my life thus far for this to get from initial proposal to approval. That's really just sad.

I think we got ripped off on the size of that billboard, earlier iterations it seemed like a vital part of the design of the building and redesign of the intersection/area. Now the electronic billboard seems like an afterthought or a half hearted attempt at what should have been a bold statment. Also, it just looks exactly like the WGBH building

It does look exactly like WGBH, but more light and color on those Theater District intersections is a good thing anyway. Any idea why it has an Apple logo on it?

So much of this building is going to depend on the quality of those panels. Dark green and brown is a pretty dangerous combination of colors, especially in the sickly way they make it look in the renders.

I think we got ripped off on the size of that billboard, earlier iterations it seemed like a vital part of the design of the building and redesign of the intersection/area. Now the electronic billboard seems like an afterthought or a half hearted attempt at what should have been a bold statment. Also, it just looks exactly like the WGBH building

Yep, when this first started it was almost proposed the billboards and multi-media extravaganza seemed to come first, then the building. Now, not so much.

Yep, when this first started it was almost proposed the billboards and multi-media extravaganza seemed to come first, then the building. Now, not so much.

...but could they put restaurants behind it? They have retail space across the first couple of floors, and I'd expect that they want a window wall.

Back