Millennium (Hayward) Place | 580 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Millennium Place III | Hayward Place

I don't think I'll ever like this building. It's great that they are finding buyers for the condominiums but it's an ugly building. And, I don't see how anyone could like living there. You're sandwiched in between other buildings so you have very little natural light. Oh, and there's the Silver Line buses - natural gas powered - that make a shrieking sound outside your window for 18 hours a day.

Let the Manhattanization begin....(Not saying thats a bad thing)....I believe if this building was developed overlooking the Common from Tremont St it would look awesome.

But as you quoted "Sandwiched in between other buildings with little natural light" says it all.

I think the feeling around the area will be very COLD when finished.

Let's wait until the scaffolding comes down and the sidewalk opens up again before indicting it for being too cold. The multiple intersections plus patio space on the other side of the road actually keep the area far more open than other areas downtown.

Well aren't we the epitome of either never staisfed, or we're going to complain one way or another. We clamour for more density, and everything doesn't need major setbacks or greenspace..... then we get one. And, now it's sandwiched in between other buildings with little natural light.

Can't win for winning.

There will be plenty of natural light. Just indirect natural light.....

Do we forget how long this was just a pile of dirt?

Ironic complaints coming from someone who's based out of Tremont On The Common?

;)

Awwh, that wasn't nice. Sure you see his name on the door every so often, but still, it wasn't nice to out him.

^maybe during some summer days, but most of the time i would guess not.

At night, it's pretty great. I had drinks at the wine bar across the street a couple weeks ago, it gives it a very tight urban feel. Hopefully as the restaurants of temple and west street turn down washington as it finally fills in, you will have a nice 24/7 urban mixing or people and uses.

I still say the folks who move in those units will insist that marquee be shut down.

I suspect it already is shut down at some reasonable hour of the night, just to save energy and because not many people are on the streets.

I suspect it already is shut down at some reasonable hour of the night, just to save energy and because not many people are on the streets.

I drove past here on Saturday shortly after midnight and the marquee was off.

It's midnight in Boston folks. Time to roll up the carpet and turn off the lights.

Yes, ironic!

BTW, I am not based out of Tremont on the Common. I haven't been there for three months (or longer?). I am no longer a real estate broker although my license doesn't expire until November 1, 2014. I do not have access to MLS and my company is no longer a legal entity.

Ironic complaints coming from someone who's based out of Tremont On The Common?

;)

Yes, ironic!

BTW, I am not based out of Tremont on the Common. I haven't been there for three months (or longer?). I am no longer a real estate broker although my license doesn't expire until November 1, 2014. I do not have access to MLS and my company is no longer a legal entity.

I have access to MLS if needed, but my bosses focus is on the North Shore.

Haha. No offense taken. He probably still yells things like "Yankees suck".

Ignore the provincial fools around here, Czervik. The sheer mention of NYC will get their panties all wadded up, and unfortunately this city breeds a lot of those types.

But on a serious note, and I apologize if this was covered earlier, but why a ~15 story slug of a building rather than a taller tower or two slim towers? I figure that the space down there is at a premium and a surface parking lot site would be perfect for a taller building. Was it because they own the Ritz towers and did not want anything blocking the views of their other tower?

My Magic 8 Ball says "Probably."

Also, check out the zoning for this area, I think it's the midtown district overlay. I think the as of right is only 175 feet or something--they might have just snuck it under and thereby avoided seeking relief

Something is missing on the Hayward Place side of the street...it's nice to see the neon lights reflected and all...but some neon on the new building itself would be the perfect complement.

In NYC, the lit crown at "Worldwide Plaza" the po-mo masterpiece on 8th Ave, as well as the spires on the Bank of America and Conde Nast towers all shut down at midnight - so I would imagine you are correct. However, you never know - the over-zealous condo association at MPIII could file a frivolous lawsuit and have it turned off at 8pm. :)

8698051000_baaa6b2913_b.jpg

8696930795_d4f2dcd5f2_b.jpg

8696932315_6b6579f2a5_b.jpg

8696933629_c2be77c4c2_b.jpg

8698058068_454e5c55b8_b.jpg

8698052724_123aa88ed4_b.jpg

Not sure if there is a thread on housing or if the attached link has been viewed, so, I'll put my post here.

The attached link has provoked me to comment on the skyrocketing cost of new housing in Boston. Millennium Place is advertising its apartments in Asia ( http://millenniumptrs.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/01-16-13-SCMP.pdf) and I'm guessing that Asians who never considered moving to our country suddenly think it's a good idea to rent or buy a home here after stumbling upon developer advertisements. Foreigners who rent or buy in Boston can come and go as they please, as the linked article seems to indicate. In the meantime, if developers who build these rentals, can't get locals to rent because they can't afford the new units, the developers, apparently, have a ready pool of wealthy individuals offshore ("they're paying cash"). At some point there are limits, but for now, why should a developer worry about pricing or the number of rental units being built? The market is not just local. Global village,indeed.

Back