Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know when the tower is going to actually start rising?

does anyone know when the tower is going to actually start rising?

They are still digging the pit. They are currently reinforcing the pit's walls before they dig deeper. I don't think we'll see anything until at least mid-2014.

They are still digging the pit. They are currently reinforcing the pit's walls before they dig deeper. I don't think we'll see anything until at least mid-2014.

Data - -I agree, I walked by today and the amount of steel in the pit going left-right and front back was amazing

Barely room for a couple of guys with shovels and wheel barrows in between the supports

Also seems that the glass for the fit-out for Arnold is nearly in place -- if they don't do much more glazing beyond the space for Arnold -- almost all the work for the next few months will be digging out the pit for the parking, and inside the Burnham preparing to move Arnold in

It's been almost a week -- any updates on glass or the foundation excavations?

Inquiring minds want to know

glass looks substantially complete 4 thru 7, a few misc pieces missing here and there.

Excavation in Wash St corners looks to be thru the first cut, and next level of walers going in. Continued digging in middle of site headed towards Hawley St

glass looks substantially complete 4 thru 7, a few misc pieces missing here and there.

Excavation in Wash St corners looks to be thru the first cut, and next level of walers going in. Continued digging in middle of site headed towards Hawley St

What's a "waler"?

What's a "waler"?

photo-51-e1345471408911.jpg

Walers are the supports along an excavated wall (the piece of metal running horizontally around that wall). The diagonal supports are called rakers.

Last edited:
IAM thanksin you. OLE unsle tell me: Waler is man wHo cHASIN CHUNKER. PRefer leArnin correcKT techniser terms!!!!

I heard through the grapevine that they've signed a lease at that bastion of urban cutting-edge fashion, the Chestnut Hill Mall.

Better there than here. As I said in the retail thread, the cure for Boston's fashion ills will not come from the Japanese version of Old Navy.

I heard through the grapevine that they've signed a lease at that bastion of urban cutting-edge fashion, the Chestnut Hill Mall.

All their US locations are in the most suburban of locations

Btw they've framed out the temporary wall on the 3rd floor where the podium will eventually attach. The glass is also now a complete rectangle. 9th floor still empty.

Was in a rush yesterday going to/leaving work and couldn't snap a photo, sry.

Btw they've framed out the temporary wall on the 3rd floor where the podium will eventually attach. The glass is also now a complete rectangle. 9th floor still empty.

Was in a rush yesterday going to/leaving work and couldn't snap a photo, sry.

When do you think the tower will start rising? I want to see steel in the air!

When do you think the tower will start rising? I want to see steel in the air!

I and some others have speculated that we won't see anything rising until at least mid year this year. They are still digging and reinforcing the hole.

Sorry, no steel to be seen. It is a 100% cast-in-place concrete tower.
Which is 10x cooler than steel. Love me some CIP concrete high rise action.

Thanks for adding that. I forgot to include that in my response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back