Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of general traffic using Franklin St already where it says "taxis and commercial vehicles only". With the entrance to the hotel being located here, it's only going to get worse unless they can use some kind of retractable bollards at Washington St.

what hotel?

There is a lot of general traffic using Franklin St already where it says "taxis and commercial vehicles only". With the entrance to the hotel being located here, it's only going to get worse unless they can use some kind of retractable bollards at Washington St.

what hotel?

There is no hotel. The hotel component was removed in the switch from One Franklin to Millennium Tower.

Oh oops yeah no hotel. There is still a vehicular drop-off/pick-up for the residences on the Franklin St side though, right?

Franklin St has seen better days.

When? I have worked just off Franklin St. since late 2009. In the past four years, here is what I have witnessed happen on upper Franklin St. above the Congress St. intersection:

--the opening of Webster Bank and Wellesley Bank, conversion of Wainwright to Eastern Bank. People complain about banks, but nothing was going to open at Webster Bank and Wellesley Bank locations other than banks, period.
--Opening of Merchant restaurant, Bona Pita restaurant, and Cafe de Boston. Totally awesome.
--Very elegant-looking Jos. A. Bank replaced failed Finagle A Bagel. Great substitution there.
--Copy Cop replaced by a mortgage operation and physical therapy place. eh.
--And that Millennium Tower sales office coming soon. Will probably look cool (if elitist by definition).

So basically several important vacancies have been filled, and three great new restaurants and one solid classy retailer have opened.

We already have one Rifleman on this board make lazy and fact-free assertions... we don't need another...

When? I have worked just off Franklin St. since late 2009. In the past four years, here is what I have witnessed happen on upper Franklin St. above the Congress St. intersection:

--the opening of Webster Bank and Wellesley Bank, conversion of Wainwright to Eastern Bank. People complain about banks, but nothing was going to open at Webster Bank and Wellesley Bank locations other than banks, period.
--Opening of Merchant restaurant, Bona Pita restaurant, and Cafe de Boston. Totally awesome.
--Very elegant-looking Jos. A. Bank replaced failed Finagle A Bagel. Great substitution there.
--Copy Cop replaced by a mortgage operation and physical therapy place. eh.
--And that Millennium Tower sales office coming soon. Will probably look cool (if elitist by definition).

So basically several important vacancies have been filled, and three great new restaurants and one solid classy retailer have opened.

We already have one Rifleman on this board make lazy and fact-free assertions... we don't need another...

Completely agreed. I work on Franklin St right next to the site. Even in my short 1 year and a month I've worked here, I've seen tremendous growth here. We love the Merchant with its al fresco dining with the windows open for after work drinks and for company events. I've posted my love for Bona Pita in the New Retail Thread previously. The newly expanded Cafe de Boston is great and shows that there's demand on Franklin St. All 3 of these happened in the past year. Heck, the old timey swing band plays in the median of Franklin & Arch every day for lunch. Franklin is really happening.

Not to mention the conversion of the former Wainwright bank offices above the Eastern Bank to office space.

The Downtown Boston BID tweeted this picture yesterday:

BtamluSCQAAsg_4.jpg

Very nice!

That pic makes the green look darker and more natural than it actually is. It's still pretty decent.

Last edited:
So they are retaining some more of the old flavor by adding it to the fronts of the awnings!

Very good!! :cool:

Core is rising! Concrete is flowing!

I believe this is one of the shear walls?

The Washington Street side of the tower seems to be moving much slower than the rest as evidenced by your last picture. The are already pouring and leveling concrete on the first above ground floor in most spots but the Washington street side isn't even built up to the first floor yet. Seems strange that in some spots the first floor has been poured and in others there aren't even any supports and they are still doing lots of below ground work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back