Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
DZH, you're way off. They're on 26 going to 27. Maybe you need to get your eyes checked

5 larger base floors and then the 6th partially clad floor. 6 more full glass floors. 2nd pic from 4/5 shows the shorter (now equal) side, with 6 visible floors and what appears to be 3 more fully formed floors behind the yellow screen. So the 12 + 6 visible + 3 behind the mesh = 21 floors. Now, that was the short side, which is now equal to the Washington Street side (higher screen visible in first pic) and thus fully formed up to 22. Some cores extend upwards to 23.

Last few from 4/5

Judging by this photograph from two days ago, there is no way they are on 26 going to 27. At least as of two days ago, DZH seems much closer to the mark.

Edit: DZH beat me to the punch, defending himself as I was posting this.

Well... strangely... I don't think either of you are wrong. Physically, there are only 22 to 23 floors built right now. However, Millennium has stated on all of their marketing materials that residences begin on level 10 of the building. Well, as you can notice, the built floors strangely jump from 6, 7, 10, 11, 12... it's misleading, but it's pretty common for many buildings to give the illusion of being on a higher floor. Every hotel I've ever stayed in at Las Vegas does this same thing.

Last edited:
Well... strangely... I don't think either of you are wrong. Physically, there are only 22 to 23 floors built right now. However, Millennium has stated on all of their marketing materials that residences begin on level 10 of the building. Well, as you can notice, the built floors strangely jump from 6, 7, 10, 11, 12... it's misleading, but it's pretty common for many buildings to give the allusion of being on a higher floor. Every hotel I've ever stayed in at Las Vegas does this same thing.

One could also make the case for additional floors underground if we wanted to get really picky...

Forget about the marketing nonsense.

I walk by it every day, and my latest count is 22/23 floors above street level. I Figure that the protection screen is shielding 3-4 floors, the floor they're currently forming/pouring and the 2-3 below.

Can we surmise from all the above that the number of floors so far is 22 to 24 and that the total height so far is somewhere between 35 and 40% of the final height

Any way you look at it -- its growing by leaps and bounds and will be spectacular from many places this summer

Especially the view walking down Washington from Gov't Center

The prospective tenants have to have a place to park in the building, or else get their vehicles ticketed & towed.

Downtown Crossing is very strict about this. That is why I do not drive down their to go to any of their stores! :eek:

Valet parking and plenty of garages within close proximity.

Parking in central Boston belongs underground. Above ground structures to "store cars", at the price of Boston real estate, make no economic sense.

No pics but this thing is neck and neck with the building with the clock.

Yes 101 arch...walking down Franklin it's hard not to compare them...height wise.

I think he meant 101 Arch st building

Boston -- I'm sure that he did

I was just continuing the discussion of the view down Washington St. -- for so so long dominated by Old South -- and putting the modern construction into historical context -- i.e. look at what could be done nearly 300 years ago

by the way Emporis tell us that 101 Arch

Height (tip) 276.00 ft
Height (architectural) 276.00 ft
Height (roof) 276.00 ft
Floors (above ground) 20

where as Old South is significantly shorter @ 183 ft to the top of the steeple

and the MT will top out @ just over 600 ft.

Parking in central Boston belongs underground. Above ground structures to "store cars", at the price of Boston real estate, make no economic sense.

I mean they probably can't build an undergound parking garage here because of the T station underneath.

There is an underground garage as part of the Millennium Tower development so I am assuming residents will park there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back