Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Looks like another Hancock. Slim. Blue glass. Invisible at night :-(

Does anyone remember the hole in the ground? This was worth the wait.

Does anyone remember the hole in the ground? This was worth the wait.

It truly was. Remarkable progress in about... two years, I think?

For perspective: this was 11 floors of the ground and starting to be clad in glass just 11 months ago.

Does anyone know for certain this won't be lit up at night? As a side don't forget this is residential vs office at night for the Hancock. There will be lighting all up and down this thing at least from residential lights. Although I'd still love a crown !!!!

Am I the only one who truly appreciates Boston's ominous look at night without the extraordinary lighting?

Am I the only one who truly appreciates Boston's ominous look at night without the extraordinary lighting?

Not as cut and dry like that for me, but since I grew up in the sticks I like to "use" a city's power (heh heh) to describe its outline for night arrivals. Not like Dallas, mind you, but yes I would like a lit crown (wow, I never thought I'd be a "light the crown!" guy...).

And ... absofrakkinglutely I'm pleased with it: wow, such hole / much incomplete this time last year!

The chameleon as I inched my way into Boston around 4 pm it kept changing!

This tower just looks like a Boston tower. Sort of adds a modern take of the hancock for the downtown skyline and fits perfectly positioned opposite of the hancock on the common. The slanted roof also plays perfectly off of the ritz towers and with russia wharf when looking from the east and eventually north station tower from the west. A+ addition to the skyline.

IT'S GORGEOUS!!! It gives 21st Century without being over the top and it plays well with other Boston landmarks

I like our new downtown skyline. The new tower makes our old city look fresh and relevant.

I hope the street level does the rest of the building justice. It is the part of this project I care about most and the part that worries me the most.

I'm sure this has already been said, but the roof/crown looks very, very similar to the Ritz. Especially in Beeline's last set of images.

I'll give it a solid 8.5 in Boston but anywhere else (major city-wise), it's probably just a 7.

Just my two cents I would call it an 8.5 or 9 no matter what city it is in and just to compare to a similar tower also by Millennium Partners and Handel Architects here is the Millennium tower in San Francisco.
millenium_large.jpg

https://scotthargisphoto.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/millenium_large.jpg not my image

Similar style towers in similar sized cities and personally I think Boston got a better end result.

Last edited:
Boston's MT is 40' taller, with a better design, better cladding, and a better base. (technically yet to be determined but SF's sets the bar extremely low) No complaints here.

This building would still be an 8 even in NYC, where it wouldn't stand out at all. In Boston it's a 9+, and would be a 9+ in most cities. In Montreal, Vancouver, Portland (OR), Baltimore, San Diego, and a host of other cities, it would be a 10. This is as nice looking of a residential tower as I have seen anywhere.

they would look great side by side in either city! the Boston common picture Beeline took is my favorite! Todays fog gave a glimpse of what's to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back