Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a beautiful tower! I'm no longer in Boston, but it's great to see new buildings begin to rise! Great pictures too. On the top this, they should have a statue of a Falcon.. It will be called the Millennium Falcon... (Sorry, had to get in a bad joke in).

From our perch at 99 High ST the glass is nearly completely wrapped around mech this morning: definitely past the sombrero! ;)

From our perch at 99 High ST the glass is nearly completely wrapped around mech this morning: definitely past the sombrero! ;)

Now all the way to the edge: from this perspective, there is no more (regular building) glass to add! Wow!

I just zoomed on this from Cambridge to check. It is glassed to the bottom of the metal "cage" thing on top, but the entire metal top section has yet to be cladded.

This is a beautiful tower! I'm no longer in Boston, but it's great to see new buildings begin to rise! Great pictures too. On the top this, they should have a statue of a Falcon.. It will be called the Millennium Falcon... (Sorry, had to get in a bad joke in).

Maybe it will end up with a nesting pair. Millennium Towers' very own Millennium Falcons! ;)

Washington Street construction elevator was gone this morning and they were filling in those holes

What are the three floors of darker glass near the top?

Those are what Millennium refers to as the "penthouse residences." The through-floor "grand penthouse" is the floor above those with step back balcony.

Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but how can floors other than the highest be a penthouse? If I bought a penthouse condo and there were still condos on floors above mine, it wouldn't seen right.

Or is it a tripple floor penthouse?

One_Madison_Park_is_This_The_Most_Impressive_Penthouse_Apartment_Ever_Sold_featured_on_architecture_beast_07a.jpg

Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but how can floors other than the highest be a penthouse? If I bought a penthouse condo and there were still condos on floors above mine, it wouldn't seen right.

It's 2015 and buyers aren't traditionalists. This is very common on new high lux buildings.

Its just the very top floors its not exactly surprising they are marketing the three floors with significantly larger units as penthouses with one full floor penthouse unit at the very top. The plans on the website make it clear that the penthouse units are all much larger than the other units in the building.

How is it shady marketing. Out of the 100s of total units only about 18 are being marketed as penthouses and they have branded the full floor penthouse a grand penthouse to show that it is another step up. It is a little ridiculous and it is clearly more of a marketing scheme than anything else but it is not that shady. Not anymore so than claiming your building provides top of the line luxury finishes and the best service possible, which almost every luxury building does claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back