Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are three basement levels with parking under the whole site. I think they filled in with dirt to get the cassion tubes in and get the foundation walls done. Make the walls for the hole before they dig it.

Exactly. They had to support existing walls with material to remove the previously installed rakers. Once those rakers are cut free they can install the new secant pile wall for support of excavation.

Exactly. They had to support existing walls with material to remove the previously installed rakers. Once those rakers are cut free they can install the new secant pile wall for support of excavation.

NEU-Civ -- Please continue to enlighten us on the new technology for building deep foundations such as being done here at Millennium Tower

They must want to get it sealed for the winter so they can avoid having to put up temporary walls ala Berklee dorm tower.

Someone on reddit posted an updated version of the recent render, this time keeping Mr. Spare Change Guy in the neighborhood.

KXfPQF8.jpg

I lit-er-a-lly laughed out loud.

It's hilarious how famous he is around here. Boston, you're my home.

I saw him get hit by a car once on storrow drive he was ok but made quite the scene

I used to buy beer from that guy as a teenager!!! It took a couple different stores tho Cuz everybody would kick him out. Ah memories

Someone needs to put together a legit collection of bostonian scalies and toss it on 3dwarehouse. Id love to see dj nitetrain, spare change guy, willie (with this trike) and the late, great mr butch in more renderings.

At BU in the mid 90s we had the 2 homeless guys that played cardboard guitars together. One of them was Mike.

Information Society, one of my alltime favorite bands btw, played big cardboard guitars in the "Pure Energy" video. I realize now that they must have been homeless.

Don't forget about "Way-too-tanned, way-too-much make-up" lady and "Can you spare 50 cents guy."

Where is the "I've lost my wallet and need $20, to take the train to Portland" lady, when she's standing outside South Station?

Don't forget about "Way-too-tanned, way-too-much make-up" lady and "Can you spare 50 cents guy."

She cuts a striking figure. As does the Jesus Saves guy who's tall and thin with glasses who positions himself on the brookline ave overpass for sox games. And what about the tall gaunt chauffeur dressed guy who always haunted Inman square?

She cuts a striking figure. As does the Jesus Saves guy who's tall and thin with glasses who positions himself on the brookline ave overpass for sox games. And what about the tall gaunt chauffeur dressed guy who always haunted Inman square?

How about having 'Sidewalk Sam" creating a great participatory work of Chalk on the plaza in the forground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back