Millennium Tower (Filene's) -Discussion and Photo Thread

Re: Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

I agree the threads should stay open for posting pictures, why not?

Because it's complete. It's like having a thread to post photos of the Pru from every angle. They're nice to look at and I appreciate the photos of buildings I don't come across often, but it gets to a point where they just aren't relevant to this sub-forum. I'd suggest people start posting them in "Boston Architecture & Urbanism" which is for photos and discussion of Boston's architecture, instead of here in "Development Projects" where we talk about current and future projects.

Not saying stop, just saying it would be nice to post them in the sub-forum that was created for them.

Agreed. This project is finished. This thread should be left to development news.

Because it's complete. It's like having a thread to post photos of the Pru from every angle. They're nice to look at and I appreciate the photos of buildings I don't come across often, but it gets to a point where they just aren't relevant to this sub-forum. I'd suggest people start posting them in "Boston Architecture & Urbanism" which is for photos and discussion of Boston's architecture, instead of here in "Development Projects" where we talk about current and future projects.

Not saying stop, just saying it would be nice to post them in the sub-forum that was created for them.
Hm, I agree with this. A post-construction thread in the Boston Arch & Urbanism subforum is a good idea for each high profile project.
Edit: To clarify, each completed high profile development would have a thread.

Posting endless pictures of it finished here just makes it harder to actually find the construction photos of the tower.

Last edited:

Wow, amazing shot!

Count me among those wishing to leave threads open. I like to see photos of completed projects in context.

I get not wanting to muddy the pool of active development threads, though. I suggest creating a new forum called "Completed Projects" and moving entire threads there when a project is completed. I wouldn't want to see post-construction photos of all projects get lumped into a single thread.

One more suggestion: When a thread is moved to "Completed Projects", append the year of completion to the end of the thread like:

Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown | 2016

Sorry for the confusion. I meant project specific threads for each completed development as Poolio suggests. Not just a giant post construction catch all. Wording was confusing.

I also endorse the naming scheme Poolio suggests.

Thanks for the props guys.

Why close a thread when the building is still relevant? I guess it's not so "new development" anymore, but still kinda.

I feel like this has been the most photographed building on this site so it only makes sense to keep it open.

Can we retire this thread or something? I guess I could stop checking it, but the building has been complete for some time now and there have been quite a few pictures posted of it already. What's left to discuss?

Needs to be moved to the "Boston Architecture & Urbanism" page where people post their "Hancock of the Day" kinda stuff.

http://www.archboston.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21

There must be order or the society will collapse into chaos......

I feel like this has been the most photographed building on this site so it only makes sense to keep it open.

The point is to start a new thread to separate the construction pix from the finished pix.

Someone should cement a fucking couch on Franklin St. before it reaches Hawley. It's obvious that the city couldn't care less about the self-important people (and their valets) who come tear-assing through the intersection without bothering to stop, but something needs to be done before a plebeian is crushed beneath a Bentley.

Someone should cement a fucking couch on Franklin St. before it reaches Hawley. It's obvious that the city couldn't care less about the self-important people (and their valets) who come tear-assing through the intersection without bothering to stop, but something needs to be done before a plebeian is crushed beneath a Bentley.

Hear hear!

I play frogger every day with these asshole valets trying to cross Franklin.

Yes! You wouldn't believe how expensive it is to get a dinger out of a Bentley these days. /s

On a more serious note, I agree, but just want to point out that the valets (which you do mention) may be more to blame here. I park in a garage that valets use for the restaurants in the area. I can't count how often I see valets ripping through garages and abusing cars. Just yesterday, I see and hear one flooring a car before it's had time to get into the drive gear (the sound and clunk are unmistakable). It doesn't even have to be a nice car. They just don't care and are young. From what I see, the actual owners are much more considerate (less the occasional d-bag who needs to compensate)

Yes! You wouldn't believe how expensive it is to get a dinger out of a Bentley these days. /s

On a more serious note, I agree, but just want to point out that the valets (which you do mention) may be more to blame here. I park in a garage that valets use for the restaurants in the area. I can't count how often I see valets ripping through garages and abusing cars. Just yesterday, I see and hear one flooring a car before it's had time to get into the drive gear (the sound and clunk are unmistakable). It doesn't even have to be a nice car. They just don't care and are young. From what I see, the actual owners are much more considerate (less the occasional d-bag who needs to compensate)

More cars need to create a valet mode similar to what Tesla offers. Essentially it limits the performance of the car to 25% of max power and limits the top speed at 70mph (as well as other privacy controls). Not sure how feasible that would be on a combustion engine, but it's a good idea none the less.

One more!
38150143794_e13763f642_k.jpg

Back to the pic , if we still had photo of the year still this Wd be it!

as former valet - you are correct. never valet your car.

More cars need to create a valet mode similar to what Tesla offers. Essentially it limits the performance of the car to 25% of max power and limits the top speed at 70mph (as well as other privacy controls). Not sure how feasible that would be on a combustion engine, but it's a good idea none the less.

The 2015-current Corvette has a valet mode as well, so it's certainly possible to do with combustion engines and not just electric motors. I'm guessing this is one of those things that 10 years from now will be a standard feature on all higher end cars.

The 2015-current Corvette has a valet mode as well, so it's certainly possible to do with combustion engines and not just electric motors. I'm guessing this is one of those things that 10 years from now will be a standard feature on all higher end cars.

10 years from now the high-end cars will be valet parking themselves.

True! By that point "cars" will just be algorithms on four wheels.

Back to the pic , if we still had photo of the year still this Wd be it!

Yes, worth repeating that mcus29's photo is brilliant. Probably my favorite exterior photo of this project so far.

Back