Millennium Tower (Filene's) -Discussion and Photo Thread

Re: Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Yes, worth repeating that mcus29's photo is brilliant. Probably my favorite exterior photo of this project so far.

i second that ^^^ wholeheartedly. gorgeous shot.

i second that ^^^ wholeheartedly. gorgeous shot.

Yep, a stunnner. And taken from the 101 Tremont St. rooftop I believe? The beauty with the mansard roof & dormers down at bottom right is 20-38 Bromfield I believe, with 40 Bromfield immediately to the right...

Yep, a stunnner. And taken from the 101 Tremont St. rooftop I believe? The beauty with the mansard roof & dormers down at bottom right is 20-38 Bromfield I believe, with 40 Bromfield immediately to the right...

Exact location DBM!

39736343031_a678866f59_b.jpg

25864601488_03986c10b8_b.jpg

Great pics throughout, good to see you back today KZ

Thank you... nice to be back but that 17 degree weather was brutal.

those are really nice..... thanks.

btw, why is the MT thread still on this subforum?

it should appear on the same subforum where we post the JHT shtuff.

those are really nice..... thanks.

btw, why is the MT thread still on this subforum?

it should appear on the same subforum where we post the JHT shtuff.

I agree!

I don't understand the need to move this thread over here and/or start a new thread. If a building being done for a year is the threshold for getting moved to this subforum then there's about 3,000 threads for completed projects over in Development Projects that should be moved or started anew here, e.g. the 45 Stuart thread I just posted in after almost two year of inactivity.

Note I don't really care where they go or how they get divvied up, just that this differentiation is applied equally to all active versus completed projects.

Otherwise I guess I'd need the point of splitting up threads this way explained to me when this has never been the practice here at aB. The John Hancock and Custom House Tower threads are where they are because this board wasn't "active" until 30++ years after they were, thus this subforum is for older buildings along with the general urbanism stuff. Everything else even remotely recent has up until this point stayed put in the Development Projects subforum, so what's the point in changing that now?

I don't understand the need to move this thread over here and/or start a new thread. If a building being done for a year is the threshold for getting moved to this subforum then there's about 3,000 threads for completed projects over in Development Projects that should be moved or started anew here, e.g. the 45 Stuart thread I just posted in after almost two year of inactivity.

Note I don't really care where they go or how they get divvied up, just that this differentiation is applied equally to all active versus completed projects.

Otherwise I guess I'd need the point of splitting up threads this way explained to me when this has never been the practice here at aB. The John Hancock and Custom House Tower threads are where they are because this board wasn't "active" until 30++ years after they were, thus this subforum is for older buildings along with the general urbanism stuff. Everything else even remotely recent has up until this point stayed put in the Development Projects subforum, so what's the point in changing that now?

I respectfully disagree with you. I think the development forum should be only for ongoing projects and proposals. This tower has been finished for years. It also shouldn't be a place for HQ2 speculation unless amazon picks Boston but I digress.

Ok, but that has NOT been the practice for aB going back to its beginning. So again I ask: what's the point in changing it now?

Ok, but that has NOT been the practice for aB going back to its beginning. So again I ask: what's the point in changing it now?

This is the first major project where we've had people posting pictures long after it has finished.

For example we haven't had a picture of the Liberty Mutual building in 4 years.

The W Hotel thread has been locked since 2013 (not sure why it was locked, probably because Statler didn't want it at the top of the developments page long after it was finished).

there are tons of mind-altering [completed curtain wall] photos left to rot on the other thread.

now my image of Statler as Singularly Powerful All Knowing – [like Zeus] is totally blown.

I don't care much where the thread lives, but definitely put me in the camp of not wanting two threads for one building.

Personally I'd break "Development Projects" in into Current and Completed sub-forums.

I'll second that notion. Get on it right away, Briv!

Back