Mixed Use Complex | 345 Harrison Ave | South End

I live there so I do understand.... there's no "transition zone" between the four seasons tower and the brownstones literally next door.

I personally like height and I personally like lower housing costs in the city. In my opinion the Mayor needs to come out and say whatever the zoning is anywhere in the city, go ahead and increase that number by 20%. I dont know how feasible that would be but we need the housing units to relieve the costs and maybe a blanket move like that would encounter arguments that are have less teeth if you dont restrict it to one site or one neighborhood

I don't disagree with you, and for years owned a brownstone in Chinatown with a tower across the street. And I liked that as well.

The whole Harrison Albany Corridor in the South End went through a multi-year master planning cycle early in the decade, and this is what they came up with. I personally think the "New York Streets" warehouse area should have been zoned higher, but it didn't happen. Zoning is typically not done by fiat; it is done by consensus.

I am excited about this. The way the geometry is coming together feels pretty satisfying.

cca

I am excited about this. The way the geometry is coming together feels pretty satisfying.

cca

Agreed, this could turn out to be Amsterdam-grade and a fine design pointer to others what can be done here.

Agreed, this could turn out to be Amsterdam-grade and a fine design pointer to others what can be done here.

I really like how this is so much denser than the Ink Block across the street. Great style elements, much less car centric, and truly urban.

So the only bad news about this complex is that the glass is going to double the view of the horrible former Teradyne building (1000 Washington) via reflection.

But isn't the Teradyne building due for a redo in the near future?

Seeing this behind inkblock on 93 the area looks so dense.

Its really pulled the city south along 93, made the city look much bigger.

Back