Mixed Use Complex | 345 Harrison Ave | South End

Just saw this from the Tremont Street bridge over the Pike - looking east - it's a LOT bigger than it looks from the Ink Block, or the highway. A good vantage to see how much it's changed the area, for the better, in my opinion.

A spectacular development. I love the glass walkway over the entrance (love both large openings on either end) along with all the angles, nooks, and crannies, glass color and brick siding.

A spectacular development. I love the glass walkway over the entrance (love both large openings on either end) along with all the angles, nooks, and crannies, glass color and brick siding.

Agree. This ones bells and whistles are very satisfying.

cca

Has this building been given a silly name yet?

The fact that this thing is pretty much the size of a whole block and that it's across from Ink Block, options for silly names are bountiful! For starters..

1) Something "clever" and "edgy" like "BLOQ BLOCK" (can substitute "BLOQ" with any other mispelling like "BLOK," "BLOC," or even uh.. "BLAUC"..you get the idea. :)

2) Something abstract to connote density, people, and it's vastness like.. "POPULOUS"

3) Or it could be some seemingly random first name in the vein of places like "The Eddy" in Eastie or "The Benjamin" in Seaport. Hell, it could end up being called "The Carl" for all we know. :)

/s

3) Or it could be some seemingly random first name in the vein of places like "The Eddy" in Eastie or "The Benjamin" in Seaport. Hell, it could end up being called "The Carl" for all we know. :)

/s

I vote we just call it "Harry"

There was a contest on the building Facebook page to name the bldg./complex. Not seeing any winner posted as yet but it will get a name...

From last August, but nothing official that I can find.

The marketing team ran a naming contest for this building and posted this snippet on their Facebook Page:

"For the name contest, we would like to congratulate Jamie C[urtis] for their submission of the historically significant “Seneca” on 5/1/16. It’s important to note that there are internal names suggested by our associates that are still being considered. Watch out for a final name for the property that will be announced on our Facebook page shortly."

^^I just visited the Facebook page and saw this update in the comments section from February. A real estate broker asked when they'd be announcing the name, to which the page owner replied the following:

Hi [broker], Thank you for your interest. "Seneca" was selected as the winning name submission. However, the name of this apartment community will be 345 Harrison.

Oh ... I cannot wait. I sure it will be fantastic. Maybe they will call it Fantastique and voila... there you have it.

cca

^^I just visited the Facebook page and saw this update in the comments section from February. A real estate broker asked when they'd be announcing the name, to which the page owner replied the following:
Hi [broker], Thank you for your interest. "Seneca" was selected as the winning name submission. However, the name of this apartment community will be 345 Harrison.

But...but how will they differentiate it from all the other 345 Harrisons in Boston?

Back