One Canal (formerly Greenway Center) | Bullfinch Triangle | West End

Amazing. Thanxx DZ!!

i need to load photoshop and finsh Avalon on a few of your best shots.

then do right with your skyline shot from Arlington!!

Yea Im telling you guys in person this is actually quite nice. Its one of those pictures don't do it justice developments. It takes architectural cues from the area and I like how they make it looks like two buildings built against each other. It looks like an old warehouse that had a residential built along its property line. Once the Merano comes online this area is going to really start to come together. I am going to miss the view of the Zakim from the greenway, I'm not sure why they chose to end it where they did. I thought it was going to end right at the Zakim, does anyone know why they chose to do this? Either way the area is coming along nicely.

Love these pics and that view. Thanks, DZ!

One Canal does look good from there.

Will they ever get around to building something on that big parking lot in the North End?

Mike -- datalot is foa da policea bizinez -- da guys gotta paaahk somewaya -- so you keepa outa

Yea Im telling you guys in person this is actually quite nice. Its one of those pictures don't do it justice developments. It takes architectural cues from the area and I like how they make it looks like two buildings built against each other. It looks like an old warehouse that had a residential built along its property line. Once the Merano comes online this area is going to really start to come together. I am going to miss the view of the Zakim from the greenway, I'm not sure why they chose to end it where they did. I thought it was going to end right at the Zakim, does anyone know why they chose to do this? Either way the area is coming along nicely.

Just a note: the view corridor from the Greenway to the Zakim Bridge will not be obstructed, as the bridge lines up with Beverly St. The Merano will become a very noticeable frame for the view, but it won't block it.

It will still be noticeable yes, but from a much more limited amount of places than before. If your view is aligned with Beverly street it will, but before it was able to be seen from many more places. Not complaining at all though these developments are needed and they are benefitting this area of town by knitting the neighborhoods back together. Im just wondering why they decided to fill these parcels in instead of extending the greenway onto the victor or merano parcels and end it at the Zakim. Anybody know why they ultimately chose this?

I may be the only one, but I like the protruding window pattern and the setback.

I don't care too much either way about how it appears, I just like that the building has PRESENCE. Notable presence where before there was notable absence, and the intersection itself dominated the spot. It's a great improvement over the nothing that was in the space, though I can see why some people aren't crazy about the design.

One Canal put out ad for "affordable" units. Check the BRA website for details or contact me as a last resort. Must make less than 70% of AMI, which I think means around $48,000 for a single person, mid-$50's for couple.

^ not bad. Usually "affordable" around here means u make less than 150k a year.

0B7si7aM3IAqUS0s4eDhTN3FoaDA

0B7si7aM3IAqUdW9xdFJNV2JMQ28

There are no folks in these yet, correct? Although it seems too early (esp with the balloons above), on Saturday night there were folks in a top unit working with a couch and several lamps. Perhaps they were staging a model for the opening?

There are no folks in these yet, correct? Although it seems too early (esp with the balloons above), on Saturday night there were folks in a top unit working with a couch and several lamps. Perhaps they were staging a model for the opening?

Last I heard from the leasing office, move-ins are set to begin in May.

I walked by the other day, and I must say, the photos don't do it justice, it really feels good for the area and looks nice in person.

Anyone know what they're doing to that small triangular lot between this development and North Washington St?

Some sort of park maybe?

Anyone know what they're doing to that small triangular lot between this development and North Washington St?

Some sort of park maybe?

I always thought that would be the perfect spot for a bronze statue of Bulfinch himself. It's his triangle after all. (He could eternally gaze over the surrounding architecture with disdain.) It would provide a nice focal point for the intersection, and maybe even provide some nice photo ops with the Zakim in distance behind him. Oh, and give it some nice lighting at night.

Back