One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

Re: One Greenway - Chinatown Parcel 24

It looks like a taller, slimmer version of 1330 Boylston.

I'm always suspicious of renders depicting the view from 1/4 mile away.

Less tiny.
2wnmvmg.jpg

Render shows ground floor retail. That's nice, if it happens.

I am still curious how this building will interact with the on ramp to 90/93 (which the rendering blatantly punts on). It is also good to know that Surface Road will have two-way traffic.

I am still curious how this building will interact with the on ramp to 90/93 (which the rendering blatantly punts on). It is also good to know that Surface Road will have two-way traffic.

I don't see how there can be much interaction as 1 Greenway appears to be on the other side of the street.

I don't see how there can be much interaction as 1 Greenway appears to be on the other side of the street.

Unless I am mistaken, Parcel 24 abuts the on-ramp. The rendering essentially puts a two-way street where the inclined on-ramp goes. This is an old graphic but reflects the configuration.

2-model-2.jpg

I see what Next Stop is saying. In the recent rendering (see Post #163), the vehicles are driving in two directions. However, the traffic along surface road presently heads southbound only onto I-93. I can see where the confusion might come from there.

I'm still confused. This is one building instead of the planned line of buildings? And if this is Elkus, and it seems like it may be, can something tell me why this firm still gets work?

You can only see it in the larger new rendering but there is a line of buildings behind the tower. They need to release other angles to make this clear.

My bad, this does abut the onramp. Now I'm curious what they are going to do too.

I'm still confused. This is one building instead of the planned line of buildings? And if this is Elkus, and it seems like it may be, can something tell me why this firm still gets work?

I'm tired of the flack Elkus gets. Elkus is the architect of the incredible Copley Place Tower. With the right budget, Elkus can do absolutely amazing work, but with developers squeezing every penny out they can, they are forced to resort to less engaging designs in the name of value engineering.

Why is this building supposed to interact with an on-ramp? All the main entrances are on Hudson St.

Are we sure this is even terracotta? It looks like the 319A-R brick.

I really like the design of this building. I think a lot of the criticism being thrown around is absurd, especially compared to some of the projects that are going/have gone up around the city. This has a very nice facade depth, great texture, mixed materials palette, and large windows on a grid (not random). The roof gesture where the skin peels away from the overhang revealing that column is my favorite part.

Fence up now surrounding site from what I saw today!

Are they still planning on the entire line of buildings or only the tall one? And are they turning the 4-way intersection into a 3-way, blocking off Kneeland?

Back