Our Lady of Good Voyage | Seaport Sq Parcel H | 55 - 57 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

it would be nice to add some skinny/tall deciduous trees on that strip. make it look good, while keeping ped-x'ers to the side where there is walking space aplenty

poplar_tower_020_01_600.jpg

It definitely will look much better with the median planted. Im surprised they didnt go in the direction of causeway st. and make it a protected bike lane, but either way will be fine.

some renders show it as grass with trees

seaport1231231231.jpg

others have plants/shrubs and trees

539w.jpg

I cant wait to find out which route they take. Whichever it is is going to look much better than the concrete strip that is there now.

I like the idea of a Causeway-style bike line in the median, which would let them do a bus lane at the existing curb. No matter what, they need just a few changes to get rid of the "cars only" look they have now.

PS though I don't like OLGV's steeple, the gold cross is surprisingly effective when lit at night.

Serious question: Do we actually know that there will be some greenery planted on the median or are we just hoping that there will be?

Even though it shows up in the renders above, I'd like to know whether it is/was actually part of an established project.

The Greenery on Seaport was part of the official Seaport Square proposal, from what I remember.

When do services at the new chapel begin?
I think they were targeting Easter 2017 (Mid April), at which the old chapel can be vacated and demolished.
I know this is getting to be a cliche around here...but omg please just leave it like this and it would be amazing
I agree, it would have been something like (the non-denominational) Thorncrown Chapel,
screen-shot-2014-07-14-at-11-18-45-pm.png

or MIT chapel:
800px-MIT_Chapel%2C_Cambridge%2C_Massachusetts_-_interior.JPG

which was essentially cloned but made more traditional for the Blessed Sacrament Chapel at the National Shrine in DC:
76821085.jpg

I know this is getting to be a cliche around here...but omg please just leave it like this and it would be amazing

I love how those arches were designed to bring the loads of a stone wall to the ground ..and now we sculpt them out of metal framing and drywall. Fascinating.

All hail the symbolic.

cca

Dillon noted that, among other things, windows, pews, the altar, a statue, the balcony, and shrine altar rails are being reused from closed churches.
Which is a nice thought, but admittedly undercuts the desire here for a more modern "take"
Here's the ceiling. Clearly going with a nautical theme:
700x450_Pilot_16314.jpg

Looks like a pretty convincing false wooden ceiling (one can see, up thread, that the roof sheathing is indeed steel with the beginnings of the framing in place for the wooden overlay).

I liked the barren metal idea but that's actually surprisingly quite beautiful.

If they wanted a hammer beam truss then why didn't they just build a hammer beam truss. It's not like there isn't a fantastic timber framing school less than a mile away.

Back