Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part IV (2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

That Huntington condo tower (name escapes me now) is still looking pretty decent amid its crappy surroundings (would any outsider guess that photo was Boston?)

The Collonade or something. If you wander around enough, it turns out that a lot of Boston looks nothing like Boston. Longwood and Kendall feel like completely different cities altogether (I always lump Cambridge in with Boston).

Longwood? I dunno, the HMS quad is pretty iconic. And the Emerald Necklace gives the whole area a feeling of permanence that Kendall lacks (even though the hospital buildings come and go).

The Colonnade Residences' ground-floor is taken up by a drop-off driveway.

Huntington Ave north of Mass Ave is pretty dreadful. Unfortunately, the BRA seems to be using it as a model for new development.

The Colonnade Residences' ground-floor is taken up by a drop-off driveway.

Huntington Ave north of Mass Ave is pretty dreadful. Unfortunately, the BRA seems to be using it as a model for new development.

I wouldn't say dreadful because there's a lot of pedestrian activity along that portion of Huntington. It's probably one of the only locations that gives me a Big city feel, like NYC, with a wide roads and high-rises lining up the side.

All of these were taken from pretty much the same place

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

CopyofIMG_1282.jpg

I wouldn't say dreadful because there's a lot of pedestrian activity along that portion of Huntington. It's probably one of the only locations that gives me a Big city feel, like NYC, with a wide roads and high-rises lining up the side.

Unfortunately, unlike NYC, it is almost entirely late 20th century concrete behemoths, includes an expressway onramp in the middle of the roadway, and grade separates pedestrians into a hamster tube.

I actually think of it as the most Sunbelt-downtown-like part of Boston.

Oh and I'll be out taking tons of construction pics tomorrow...stay tuned.

Is anyone responsible for maintaining that sign now that Boston Wharf Co. no longer owns any property there?

What is going on in the middle floors of the Hancock? Are they remodeling/renovating those floors? I've noticed the different lights in the middle from all over the city.

Aren't those the floors that were vacant for a while and were recently (couple months ago) leased out?

Aren't those the floors that were vacant for a while and were recently (couple months ago) leased out?

I believe they were the Hill Holiday floors that sat empty for many moons once they left.

Yes, they were leased out a couple months ago but the relocation doesn't begin until 2014. Or something like that. It's all very confusing. It was a move from 111 Huntington to the Hancock. Or something like that.

Regardless, when the new tenant moves into the Hancock, it will be 100% occupied.

Love that night pic of the Hancocks but gosh, really wish the powers in charge would relite the Old Hancock! It was spectactular the way it used to be lit up, totally bathed in light!

Yes, they were leased out a couple months ago but the relocation doesn't begin until 2014. Or something like that. It's all very confusing. It was a move from 111 Huntington to the Hancock. Or something like that.

Regardless, when the new tenant moves into the Hancock, it will be 100% occupied.

Bingo. Bain is the tenant moving from 111 to the Hancock. I'm pretty sure it's happening sooner than 2014, but I couldn't say when exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back