Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part V (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if I posted this one or not.
If I posted it before I apologize.

6918730581_8750009f11_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/6918730581/in/photostream

I've always enjoyed that view. Anyone who contemplates removing that bridge should be tried for Crimes Against Urbanity.

^ That could so be NYC.

F-ing fantastic photo, dude.

thanks was just sitting in traffic got caught underneath it looked up took a pix,yes it reminded me of NYC too!

You are apparently in some sort of peak performance period. Your photography is f-ing rocking!

That sky is an incredible shade of blue and paired with the striking lines of the Zakim, they make a wonderful composition.

One of those Zakim shots will get a nom from me for Photo of the Year 2012.

thanks so nice of u to say! I was just sitting in traffic and look up took a pix I too was surprised how nice they came out,with digital u never know what u get till u upload them! Plus I have a new cannon w/ a great zoom lens!

My last updates for a while, as I'm headed down to North Carolina on Monday for grad school. I look forward to rejoining the community in a year or so!

IMG_8564.jpg

IMG_8308.jpg

This one really shows off the size of the State House. It goes across the entire pic!

IMG_8170.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realize the State House was actually that large.

It has a big ass. At least one street or driveway passes through underneath (under some nice arches actually). It's the BCEC of Beacon Hill.

Ed: well, a street USED to pass underneath. Here's an old photo of the arch. It was the closest Boston had to a streetscape in Italy:

ARCH-15-19c-BOSTON-BostonStateHouse-RearAnnex.jpg

Today, the street's been closed (probably for security reasons):

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bosto...d=aMBjI2d_TW1VSvqKC9Vwpg&cbp=12,90.6,,0,-5.26

Lots of boats today, and for those of you wondering why I'm posting at 3 in the morning, I'm leaving tomorrow night (or tonight, whatever, Monday night) around 9 pm for a 12-13 hour drive down to UNC!

IMG_8620.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

Check out what I saw yesterday in Allston:

7198302962_17abd3c53e_b.jpg

Street view!

7198297770_1d432305d3_b.jpg

I drove behind it for a quarter mile or so waving like a moron...fingers are crossed I'll make it in!

They sure have upgraded the camera contraption compared to what they were using back in August 2007 when I happened to spot this from my old apartment...look at the PT Cruiser to the right:

img8950oi6.jpg

Last edited:
What the heck was he doing in that first pic? Driving rather erratically!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back