Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part V (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KZ -- note for the record there is actually quite a bit of expensive, "rarified Hardware" around in the greater Hub. Herb Chambers not only owns a few Italian and other playthings -- he sells them through a couple of his "rarified hardware" dealerships

Oh I know. I'm a huge car nut and keep one eye up on the buildings, one eye on the ground. When I'm in the Back Bay I expect to see at least one Aston Martin and a 911 RS, perhaps a Maserati Quattroporte, and a Bentley or two thrown in for good measure...that's par for the Newbury course. Veyrons however are NOT par for the course no matter where you are--even Rodeo Drive--and a pair of GT-Rs in action is probably just as rare.

Funky sunrise this morning:

7650927878_11a049fd9e_b.jpg

took the same pix in Dot this morning :) it was a nice sunrise in the city!
034.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like the Dairy Dome (formerly a Colonial Beacon gas station) in Stoneham.

2c4f3818-2818-46ea-b063-3505b9b90a12.jpg

Neither Houston nor Atlanta, not Austin, LA, Seattle, or Denver but it sure is Boston!! Great pic that showcases why Beantown is such a unique, beautiful city!

Neither Houston nor Atlanta, not Austin, LA, Seattle, or Denver but it sure is Boston!! Great pic that showcases why Beantown is such a unique, beautiful city!

Watch out; I think calling it "Beantown" is officially a local misdemeanor.

Oh I know. I'm a huge car nut and keep one eye up on the buildings, one eye on the ground. When I'm in the Back Bay I expect to see at least one Aston Martin and a 911 RS, perhaps a Maserati Quattroporte, and a Bentley or two thrown in for good measure...that's par for the Newbury course. Veyrons however are NOT par for the course no matter where you are--even Rodeo Drive--and a pair of GT-Rs in action is probably just as rare.

Word. I see 2-3 Bentley's or Aston Martin's whenever I'm the Back Bay. Rarely, if ever, do I see a Ferrari or Lamborghini, much less that awesome Veyron.

Maybe it's the old money/conservative (meaning non-flashy) nature of Boston's elite. Or perhaps the winter.

Rarely, if ever, do I see a Ferrari or Lamborghini, much less that awesome Veyron.

You know, I feel like I see a decent amount of Ferraris and Lamborghinis here in Boston. Not that I see them often, or see them anywhere near as much as a 911, but they do pop up every now and then. Hell, I just saw a Gallardo roll through my unglamorous Brighton neighborhood not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back