Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part V (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Right on. Reminds me more of Chandigarh, though.

BetB -- No it doesn't have a rotary-- no rotary no Chandigarh

chandigarh.jpg

^ Mass. rotaries could learn from that landscaping.

A couple black and whites from my Longwood walk...

7531003336_d0d2ac33b7_b.jpg

7531001780_d61086ae27_b.jpg

Last edited:
It's really a shame that our new WIT IMP doesn't include building on the West Lot in the immediate future.

Also, love the layering in the second shot.

Before/After one of the many storms today:

7599469764_956a5390de_z.jpg
7599467772_6ae49e28ea_z.jpg

6:20 PM addendum: today's storm cells have produced more lightning hits close to me than I can remember in a looooong time. Two of them hit no more than a couple blocks away, and one of those I witnessed right as I was about to take a picture. Got my heart beating wicked fast.

Last edited:
Before/After one of the many storms today:

7599469764_956a5390de_z.jpg
7599467772_6ae49e28ea_z.jpg

6:20 PM addendum: today's storm cells have produced more lightning hits close to me than I can remember in a looooong time. Two of them hit no more than a couple blocks away, and one of those I witnessed right as I was about to take a picture. Got my heart beating wicked fast.

KZ -- did you see any hits on the Pru?

I did not, but that's because the rain almost always obscures the Pru and sometimes even the tree with black leaves. I have seen it get hit in the past however.

They both show the good and the terrible historical developments near the CSC/Symphony Hall

off ramp @ South Station
c3574010.jpg
fdc19165.jpg
I never notice the Lion heads before,and I've been in this city for 27 yrs now!

They planted new trees (due to the beetle issue, right?) and then forgot to water them.

And of course what else zips by right then? Not one, but TWO Nissan GT-Rs. It was one of those days I tell ya:

7531011096_a361b523e8_c.jpg

I've been in Boston for over 7 years now, and never have I seen so much rarified hardware in one day, let alone one minute. If I didn't know any better I'd say Boylston's trying to give the Sunset Strip a run for its money.

EDIT: I just googled Black & White car rentals and of course they're based out of Beverly Hills, which makes me wonder: how in the hell did the car end up way over here?

Possibly the International students attending universities in Boston. I've seen GT-Rs at Northeastern near Ruggles Station in that cul-de-sac driven by the egregiously rich Chinese International students.

Possibly the International students attending universities in Boston. I've seen GT-Rs at Northeastern near Ruggles Station in that cul-de-sac driven by the egregiously rich Chinese International students.

Kent -- could be the Hollywood crowd -- there are a number of movies underway in the greater Hub

If they've got a day off shooting -- Newbury St might feel as close to Rodeo Dr., as they can manage around here abouts

KZ -- note for the record there is actually quite a bit of expensive, "rarified Hardware" around in the greater Hub. Herb Chambers not only owns a few Italian and other playthings -- he sells them through a couple of his "rarified hardware" dealerships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back