Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part VI (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice shot! I would recommend finding the setting on your camera to turn off the date stamp, though.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Ya I don't like date stamp either. I was having trouble figuring out how to post bigger pic. They were all coming out small,after I finally was able to post bigger pic I forgot how I did it!

It was so great, they named it after one of our forum members.

That does look like a nice little park. Did it get a facelift recently or do they just take good care of it?

DAXoiE1.jpg

One of Bostons best little parks.

IMG_4802

It is a little gem!! However, If I had had any say in the design, those 4 park benches in the triangular piece of grass would have not been placed there. I would have cut out inserts along the lower, rounded area of the triangle similar to the bench/cutout at the lower right of the park, and placed 3 (all 4) if they would have fit, there instead! When the grass is wet, people, especially women in heels, will not walk on grass (heck, even if it's dry) to sit on a bench! Just the simple, step-up off the sidewalk, to walk over to the bench, is an obstacle that many people wouldn't even bother with! The other benches are simple and easily approachable!

It is a little gem!! However, If I had had any say in the design, those 4 park benches in the triangular piece of grass would have not been placed there. I would have cut out inserts along the lower, rounded area of the triangle similar to the bench/cutout at the lower right of the park, and placed 3 (all 4) if they would have fit, there instead! When the grass is wet, people, especially women in heels, will not walk on grass (heck, even if it's dry) to sit on a bench! Just the simple, step-up off the sidewalk, to walk over to the bench, is an obstacle that many people wouldn't even bother with! The other benches are simple and easily approachable!

I wish they talked with you before putting in the benches. Good perspective.

Also in your plan, people sitting on those benches would have straight-on views of the dramatic Libert Mutual Building as it interacts with the intersection. As of now, those benches say "Insular" as they look away from the dramatic urban area and just into the patch of lawn.

I love this shot of the Tobin. Like it's opening up and swallowing all the traffic:

008_zps3e5f4d92.jpg

I was in this traffic earlier. It's all because of Storrow being closed. -.-

I didn't know the artist Christo was in town. ^

Cool shot though.

Been 25 years since our last 600' tower

Last edited:

^Anyone else hear about the flag falling down yesterday?

Getting the hang of night photography... needs some work!

luv the Pru one! cket.com/albums/af104/ric02124/012%202/192_zps1e127de2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back