Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

1) a nice gateway effect can still be created by a new building at the gulf parcel, without this gulf parcel building being as tall as The Pierce
2) the shaws/gulf parcels' development will likely block the bright yellow side of The Harlo (Yay!)...the street-facing side of The Harlo isn't as bad IMO

The Shaws/Gulf parcels along Boylston will likely get buildings as tall as the Harlo / Van Ness / Viridian / Fenway Health building / etc (which are all roughly the same height). That's what zoning allows along this stretch, and Fenway zoning is generally sensible and appropriate (maybe the best zoning in Greater Boston?). And the chunk of the Shaws/Gulf parcel along Peterborough will likely get built to about 7 stories (again, reasonable).

Exactly what I was talking about earlier, and I'm inclined to agree that it's among the best examples of zoning in the city.

Again- this rezoning was undertaken fairly recently by the city and neighborhood (2004) and was, to be honest, quite responsive to both the wants/needs of the neighborhood and of Samuels/developers.

Not to say that there isn't room in the rezoning for changes/updates, but I am saying that you'd be hard-pressed to find someone looking to exceed the zoning on the Gulf/Star Market site to Pierce levels with that level of City/neighborhood buy-in.

Wish the white trim had been used for the entire building instead of having the dark grey, would have been more coherent.

I dont think the pierce residents would care about shadows as much as having someones room outside your window.

Oooof, that's terrible.

But wait: does that one panel of glass on the east end mean the awful dark paneling might actually be covered?

From the front point angle I like it but all 3 other sides are not working for me and its getting worse the more I look at it

This is a real home run from the front angle, a little less exciting from all other angles and especially from a distance.

Also, the sign says they are renting now? Did the condos not sell well? I've always wondered if renting in the Fenway could be seen as fun, but transient for a year or two - yet putting down more permanent roots next to the stadium would be a harder sell.

This is a real home run from the front angle, a little less exciting from all other angles and especially from a distance.

Also, the sign says they are renting now? Did the condos not sell well? I've always wondered if renting in the Fenway could be seen as fun, but transient for a year or two - yet putting down more permanent roots next to the stadium would be a harder sell.

It has 240 apartments and 109 condos on the upper floors.

Back