Radian (Dainty Dot) | 120 Kingston Street | Chinatown

13552335495_a6d3792c2f_b.jpg

For a building that had so much hate not too long ago it's sure getting a lot of love these days.

I'll bring this thread back down to earth and say that I truly despise this building. Not because it's particularly offensive but because of a) what it replaced and b) what was originally proposed.

IMO this building embodies the failures of the BRA and Boston development in general even more than a Waterside Place or Goodwin Proctor Fan Pier, and I can never forgive it for that.

I still hate it.

More for what we had to lose to get it, but still, blinding, raging hate.

The Essex Street side is okay.

Overall its crap. For all the reasons stated and then some. I think we just all got tired of constantly complaining about it.

The guys taking pictures are purposely leaving out the blank wall of death to try and trick people into liking this building.

I like it. I would have liked the original proposal better obviously but the building to me is inoffensive and the curve side breaks away from the mundane boxes we see popping up in Boston.

^ Agree! Stellar shot, pixelsand.

lol who says you can't polish a turd. All it takes is an entry level dslr and a few minor tweaks in photoshop. I don't think this building is a turd though, just painfully average on a parcel that really should be much more. I didn't love the dainty dot but at least that's the kind of thing we'll never see again, where this sorta tower can (and will) be built anywhere.

I've noticed that they are installing LED lights and glass 'fins' along the "blank wall of death" as someone endearingly called it in an earlier post. It would be awesome if they at least incorporated some color and movement with the LEDs but right now, they just look white.

That will happen when rents start at $3,000 a month.

I've noticed that they are installing LED lights and glass 'fins' along the "blank wall of death" as someone endearingly called it in an earlier post. It would be awesome if they at least incorporated some color and movement with the LEDs but right now, they just look white.

Drove past them last night, they are actually green. It is a pretty cool vertical stripe effect.

Back