Rose Kennedy Greenway

Beer Garden open - Trillium - across from Rowe's Wharf

I was going to go last night, line's were long to get in around 715ish. Beer lines were also long. It looks decent, but really nothing too crazy. The area itself is pretty small as well

From the looks of the pics in the Globe, Boston could use like 10 more of these outside, pop-up beer gardens around town. Easy to set up, low overhead, and the city makes some extra money for the park's department. The place looked packed and that's a good thing.

From the looks of the pics in the Globe, Boston could use like 10 more of these outside, pop-up beer gardens around town. Easy to set up, low overhead, and the city makes some extra money for the park's department. The place looked packed and that's a good thing.

Seriously! Harpoon should have one. Maybe Night Shift, Jack's Abby, Lord Hobo etc. How awesome would it be if we had half a dozen of these things downtown all from different local breweries. Makes too much sense to happen.

Seriously! Harpoon should have one. Maybe Night Shift, Jack's Abby, Lord Hobo etc. How awesome would it be if we had half a dozen of these things downtown all from different local breweries. Makes too much sense to happen.

It's a great idea to activate the whole Greenway. I can imagine a tasting tour that runs the length. (sounds classier than a beer garden crawl, right?)

And the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservatory needs more funding. Win-win.

^ Yeah, but we gotta find a balance.

One beer garden on the Greenway is great. Two beer gardens on the Greenway would probably be even greater. Five beer gardens on the Greenway? I don't know about that... You want the beer gardens to complement the Greenway, not take it over.

Here, Kairos Shen may have been on to something...

I can imagine a point (which would still be a fairly low number) at which additional beer gardens would still be profitable for the Conservancy but their overall effect on the Greenway would be negative.

Line tonight 5 minutes after it opened stretched 2 blocks

via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/JaclynReiss/status/870733842042277888

DBV3zksUwAAAZHh.jpg

via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/BostonAttitude/status/870707593542488064

DBVf32iUMAIgghX.jpg

DBVf6a6VoAAO0u9.jpg

Makes sense first to have the Boston (within city limits) breweries have beer gardens. Trillium is a good start. Harpoon, Boston Beer Company (Sam Adams) would be good additions. One more on the norther portion of the greenway would be good. Then beer gardens from the other small breweries could be good scattered around town.

Why limit it to the Greenway? You could have 1 in Copley Square, 1 in Boston Common, 1 in the South End, etc. It could model the food truck scheduling, you could rotate throughout the city and help fund the parks.

Why limit it to the Greenway? You could have 1 in Copley Square, 1 in Boston Common, 1 in the South End, etc. It could model the food truck scheduling, you could rotate throughout the city and help fund the parks.

Yes, if there is a good spot/enough room. At Boston Common, an area near "Brewer Fountain" would certainly pop into my mind as being a bit fun for the play on words. Or somewhat obviously next to the "Earl of Sandwich" near the Parkman Bandstand.

Post Office Square, yes.

Back on the Rose Kennedy Greenway. How about a beer garden on the ramp parcel across from the Hard Rock?

So how many more taxes is the city and the state going to add on.
City
State
BID
Greenway tax
Why no seaport tax? Why did we subsidize the land for the developers only to penalize businesses downtown?

Why aren't colleges being taxed if you have certain professors and faculty making millions through non-profit ventures.

Maybe if non-profit agencies like Barr Foundation, gates, zuckerberg, buffet, pay their taxes in the first place.

massachusetts just got their bonds downgraded.

For Christ sake both powerball and mega millions are leaving Illinois if they don't pass a budget. These govt hacks can't manage shit or should take a basic fucking finance/accounting class for dummies

Yes.....most major democratic cities are broke and can't manage their cash flow at this point.

Went to the beer garden on Wednesday. It's nice I guess, but I really don't enjoy spending $7-$8+ on a beer.

The pricing there's pretty good for craft beer. 10 bucks a pour isn't unheard of. $2 Buds are around the corner at Coogan's if that's more your speed.

The pricing there's pretty good for craft beer. 10 bucks a pour isn't unheard of. $2 Buds are around the corner at Coogan's if that's more your speed.

I was about to post the same thing. Pretty reasonable for craft beer in downtown Boston.

There is a new beer garden in South End now at SOWA on weekends...

Back