Running Summary of Major Projects

Almost 3,000 units are being added to the city by those 7 projects alone. There will be an influx of some pretty rich people moving into Boston within the next decade

Throw in what's going up in the Ink Block area, the SB Waterfront, Northpointe area, Viridian and others down on Boylston, One Canal (which are presently all under construction, still have fingers crossed for Trinity/Copley/Govt. CenterGarage) and you're probably talking another three or four thousand housing units. And that doesn't count the infill projects in South Boston and the rest of the city.

I'm not really sure how credible this site is but anyway..
http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/boston-population/
"Thanks to this immigration boom, Boston's population is also growing younger, as nearly one third of its residents are 20-34, which is younger than most other major cities in the country.

Boston is growing at its fastest rate in decades, which is transforming the city with more than 5,000 homes in development. While immigrants and young families are moving to Boston, so too are major companies, which are attracted by talented workers in the region.

To keep up with this rapid growth, Boston is now attempting to rapidly expand housing with plans for 30,000 new housing units by 2020. The city's population growth rate of 3.1% is expected to continue through at least 2020, reaching around 780-790,000 by the next Census in 2020."

When you look at it all, from a collective stand point, I'd say this. Boston's shoulders' are defiantly broadening. Downtown is getting new exclamation points, new 20 or so story towers are transforming many areas. Parking lots in first ring areas are getting done up. New street walls are extending CBD areas. It's collectively making Boston a lot bigger than it was 15 years ago. A student starting college in Boston/Cambridge this year has a bigger city to explore than one ten years ago.

New building or not that would be a huge deal for the Boston financial community which is already at the top of the global class.

So the COO is now a New York guy while the head of small business banking, head of retail banking, and CEO are all tied to Boston...

I'm willing to bet North Carolina is already sketching out a massive tax incentive to keep BoA HQ in-state. What a huge ego boost for Boston if they do move.

So the COO is now a New York guy while the head of small business banking, head of retail banking, and CEO are all tied to Boston...

I'm willing to bet North Carolina is already sketching out a massive tax incentive to keep BoA HQ in-state.

Massive North Carolina tax credits may not be enough if the article posted above is accurate and BOA wants to shift to more of an international banking institution. The article seems to suggest that BOA cannot draw enough talent to Charlotte especially if they take on a more global focus. All of tax credits in the world can't help with that. Right or wrong, BOA may feel as though it needs to be in the northeast if it wants to spread its wings.

Back