Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

I sure hope so.

These look great, and they will create a good harmony between all the Seaport Sq buildings. I hope that what we see is what we get.

Someone is making bucks here. I shudder at what the potential cost per unit will be when 72M is already spent just on the land.

That said, I can't wait for this to actually happen, and I hope it matches the original plan from a few years back fairly closely. The amount of retail plus the theater originally planned will go a long way towards making a real neighborhood with amenities.

That plus 800+ new housing units in the area.

I'm surprised at the amount of theaters, more just because Boston has had so few over the past decade or so. It's really been Fenway and the Common for major movies, plus Kendall. Then you have all the other niche theaters that do show first runs but most aren't on the scale i'm thinking here. Coolidge comes the closest.

But this project is looking at it, it was mentioned for the Garden, and they are building them in Assembly sq. right now. So we could go from 2 to 5 major theaters in just a couple years. I'd be surprised if both this and north station both get it, but who knows, the demand and access is there.

Between those two, that should mean 3 more cranes in the area soon. This is when things start heating up I believe. Yes despite the near record low temps right now.

Between those two, that should mean 3 more cranes in the area soon. This is when things start heating up I believe. Yes despite the near record low temps right now.

Makes you wonder where all the "info-babes" will be able to stand to do their "Live Shots" in front of the Court House when the next big trial occurs

Wowza! That PWC pit is impressive/massive. Came together fairly quickly too.

Is this building really going to be that narrow?

As you can see, in this earlier photo, the building will be twice as wide as the basement trench shown in the 1/1/14 photo. Note the foundation piers on the left. They have also moved the construction trailers to the north side of the site to facilitate construction.

Envoy Hotel (Foundations)

Moderators should we start breaking this thread out into individual threads for each of the buildings or parcels? Suggest the following threads be created: Envoy Hotel / One Seaport Sq. parcel B / One Seaport Sq. parcel C / 101 Seaport Blvd/PwC / Watermark Seaport

Thoughts please?

Moderators should we start breaking this thread out into individual threads for each of the buildings or parcels? Suggest the following threads be created: Envoy Hotel / One Seaport Sq. parcel B / One Seaport Sq. parcel C / 101 Seaport Blvd/PwC / Watermark Seaport

Thoughts please?

I'll second this motion. Seaport Square is FINALLY happening! It's no longer just a theoretical urban planning "this will be nice" kind-of-thing. Parcels are going up and it's time to split them off into threads.

Back