Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

Kind of weird they put a building with only 5 stories of usable hotel rooms here, but I like the step up effect it will give.

Kind of weird they put a building with only 5 stories of usable hotel rooms here, but I like the step up effect it will give.

Agreed. If there is such a dearth of hotel rooms in the immediate area, why not 2-3 more floors here?

Agreed. If there is such a dearth of hotel rooms in the immediate area, why not 2-3 more floors here?

Why not 15 to 20 more floors? If anything, this parcel should be the progression from downtown's high rises to the seaport's mid-rises. There won't be many more opportunities for waterside hotels in Boston, so they should've gone much bigger with this IMO. That said, the window materials facing the water look nice so far. Thanks for the photos.

Why not 15 to 20 more floors? If anything, this parcel should be the progression from downtown's high rises to the seaport's mid-rises. There won't be many more opportunities for waterside hotels in Boston, so they should've gone much bigger with this IMO. That said, the window materials facing the water look nice so far. Thanks for the photos.

Perhaps we will see that progression if/when the remaining areas around Post Office/Dot Ave/etc. are developed. The FAA chart has height limits at 300-350' in that area.

10448490_758993200811232_4443958090710719641_o.jpg

From certain angles, the Envoy's proportions make it look like the Barking Crab is the hotel lobby.

Kind of a bargain basement design but oh well... I can't wait to see the life it'll inject into the area.

I really like the glass, it has a modernist flair to the building.

I'll wait until the Wall O' Alucobond gets installed before I pass judgement.

That roof deck is going to be very, very popular. It is open to the public, right?

I think this building is the perfect scale for its location. With the roof deck it should be really nice. It's close enough to the street level as to liven up the atmosphere and ambiance of the area. It keeps a connection between the two zones but is far enough up to offer some privacy.

Looking to be a great addition to the neighborhood! Looking forward to having drinks up on the rooftop terrace with some of the best views in town.

The size is actually perfect because it wont block skyline views from roof of the podium of one seaport square.

I thought I remembered reading that the alley between the hotel and barking crab was going to be shared dumpster space.

I was unsure of where to put this photo because it has Pier 4, 101 Seaport, Goodwin Proctor, and TwentyTwo Liberty in it simultaneously. I settled on this thread for no other reason than it seemed far more general (and thus more appropriate) than any of the other specific project threads.

It sure has taken a long time for the 22 Liberty Steel to come out of the ground. Fabrication lead time maybe?

Was walking around in the Seaport today and this building looked pretty nice and I got a much improved impression of it.

Back