Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

15397764505_35e0cf2ef6_b.jpg

news article in today's Herald said that a movie theater (new to the area) will be an anchor tenant and that groundbreaking could occur in the next 30 days...

http://www.bostonherald.com/busines...aport_square_complex_to_include_movie_theater

As someone who frequently goes to the movies it's nice to see that Boston is getting another theatre. However, while I support the idea of a new cinema opening in the Seaport district Boston really needs a bigger IMAX screen to attract special screenings way more than a gimmick dining experience.

I'd be alright with an Alamo Drafthouse which is a similar concept but has special screenings so it would be much more interesting.

Its highly unusual to use trademarked logos unless those retailers have committed to a store there.

>> Lets Hope this actually happens as planned.

Well. At least it's under construction already.

Its highly unusual to use trademarked logos unless those retailers have committed to a store there.

And that's a whole lotta trademarked logos. Retail is cool, space between 'em is cool, but the (hopefully filler) view of the actual towers in the background is pretty sad. Marty Walsh said he was looking for some better architecture in the Seaport, something truly significant. Let's start with theses two buildings, which will be the most prominent in the area.

Apple would be smart to open a store at Seaport Square. Only one Apple Store in Boston proper, correct? And that is a world away for those who work in the financial district and/or work or live in the Seaport.

Apple would be smart to open a store at Seaport Square. Only one Apple Store in Boston proper, correct? And that is a world away for those who work in the financial district and/or work or live in the Seaport.

Definitely smart for them to open a store there, especially with all the new luxury units. You are also correct, the only one in Boston proper is Boylston St. In terms of transit accessible, CambridgeSide is a stone's throw from Boston, but definitely too far from the Seaport.

But it happens. I know a developer that showed Pink Berry in the rendering for a high profile mixed use development and I emailed a buddy and said, "How did you get Pink Berry to sign on for a development that hasn't been approved yet?" And he replied, "Shit, they didn't change to signage in the rendering that hit the Globe??"

The images on the construction site fencing have Showplace Icon logos on them . . . and Icon did sign a lease to go into Parcel B. The logos on the above renders aren't inconsistent with what I've seen.

I wonder if they could make the haul road one way, outbound only for cars, so there is no new incentive to bring cars into the Seaport but its easier to get them out.

Back