South Huntington Ave Infill and Small Projects

Site of 105 aka The Serenity:

13547736333_392df25317_b.jpg

13547730673_ac057b57c4_b.jpg

13547631745_b5f119715c_b.jpg

13547626265_a3acf892a8_b.jpg

13547614985_4e2014457a_b.jpg

Anyone know what's going on with the VA Medical Center? They're taking the entire facade off the main building. Half the windows have been removed and a lot of the corrugated metal siding. What will replace them?

^ No idea. Couldn't find anything on it either.

14577238579_ce32f9d31f_b.jpg

Anyone know what's going on with the VA Medical Center? They're taking the entire facade off the main building. Half the windows have been removed and a lot of the corrugated metal siding. What will replace them?

All the paperwork the VA's been hiding. There must be enough to plaster the facade in several layers of insulation.

I know they are/were working on the TAPA recently. That's all I know.

Looks as though the developer behind 105A South Huntington is trying to move forward with the project. It filed a letter with the BRA on September 1 (only now showing up online) to modify its affordable-housing agreement with the BRA / city.

If I read it right, there would still be 195 units in the project (apartments) but the developer would increase from 32 to 42 the number of income-restricted units. However, the developer isn't promising to build all of those units onsite; it might build elsewhere or pay into the Inclusionary Development Policy fund.

The developer says it's doing this "in light of the current construction cost climate"; presumably, being higher than building all the affordable units onsite would allow.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/2aaa4bf2-8b7b-4c6d-8c3d-bcb87757213b (PDF)

sigh... more midrise, panelled dogshit...
the one being finished now is one of the biggest insults to hit JP ever. Im not expecting any better from this one, but at least the height might attenuate the blandness of the facade a little.

lol look at how serene they made the Jway look.

Sadly, joking aside, They are going to ruin the jway (actually rway here) by cutting down trees and destroying the woodsy, back-of-the-hill secluded feeling that the sidewalk here has right now... It would have been better to not have any frontage on the riverway.

Sadly, joking aside, They are going to ruin the jway (actually rway here) by cutting down trees and destroying the woodsy, back-of-the-hill secluded feeling that the sidewalk here has right now... It would have been better to not have any frontage on the riverway.

I wonder if there's any public pedestrian access through the site to the Jamaicaway... (this is Jamaicaway, BTW; Riverway doesn't begin until after the bridge over Rte 9). This part of the neighborhood is pretty disconnected from the park.

I'm glad they were able to add as many units as they proposed. And the final design is much better than what they started with, so I'm happy with the outcome.

I can't believe it - did this change? It's hard to imagine that it would have - but I've literally for my whole driving life thought the riverway began at Perkins

https://flic.kr/p/AjZvbX

Walked by the site this morning and there is no evidence of site/prep or construction activity.

The large dumpster you see has been on site for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

Back