South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

Re: South Station Tower

For some reason they always bring to mind something from the old German/ Canadian sci fi show Lexx.

"I worship his shadow"

The request tonight is to extend the outside closing date to April 30, 2019.

I hope they get DENIED. This one is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Every time we near the deadline it's always the same old story. It's way beyond pathetic at this point. Give it up already.

1151582522_1271.jpg

One small step for man, one giant upraised middle finger for mankind.

^^if it were even that one!

if you recall, it's the Tabasco Tower.

March 9, 2017
should absolutely change Boston Skyline with something amazing are these sites in order.
#1 SST
#2 Harbor Garage
#3 Congress garage
#4 North Station
#5 Winthrop Square

its going to give us more glass and more height in a very important location so Im all for it.

20 months ago – even Statler uncorked the '55 Il Greppo di Montalcino

Oct, 2018....

liken the tower crane to the search for Bigfoot.

I always feel so ashamed of myself every time I click on this thread.

This one's making cynics of us all....

When was the original tower approved? 1990?

Foundation laid 199??

How about we... see if we can disprove...

The MBTA in fact, has absolutely no idea and no plan how to coexist as a rail transportation company during the construction of South Station Tower.... and therefore, has no plans to permit construction anytime in the foreseeable future....

Last edited:

I hope they get DENIED. This one is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Every time we near the deadline it's always the same old story. It's way beyond pathetic at this point. Give it up already.

Yeah better off to can them and wait for someone else who can actually get it done to come by.

Yeah better off to can them and wait for someone else who can actually get it done to come by.

Hines is one of the largest commercial developers in the country and is actively building in other cities. The problem is not their ability to execute but rather whether they can make a profit in the Boston market. If they can't pull this off there's probably almost no one who can.

Hines is one of the largest commercial developers in the country and is actively building in other cities. The problem is not their ability to execute but rather whether they can make a profit in the Boston market. If they can't pull this off there's probably almost no one who can.

"Shit or get off the pot."

The delays are all related to State and MBTA's tactics, incompetence, intransigence and stalling.

My guess; they are trying to extort the developer to do x, y & z unimaginable stupid crap.

A friend at the State House was offered the opportunity to help coordinate this shytte sheau with the MBTA... He laughed and said "no way are you putting me on with those shytteheads."

BNSF ain't walkin' through that door to end the insanity and the [theft i mean graft] at the MBTA.

Last edited:

As much as it pains me to say this, odurandina is right. It's not Hines holding this up at all. It's the State/MBTA.

The delays are all related to State and MBTA's tactics, incompetence, intransigence and stalling.

My guess; they are trying to extort the developer to do x, y & z unimaginable stupid crap.

At FMCB today:

Only 2 items left to do. Hines will come up with a guaranteed maximum price and finance plan for approval by the board. Every other approval is done. Hines has agreed on lower-than-expected maintenance cost and a fresh value engineering assessment (for the station, not the tower) with the MBTA receiving 100% of the cost savings.

One last extension to next April, but presenter says it is the LAST one. Hines has been actively moving the logistics (permits) forward and is going to build.

As much as it pains me to say this, odurandina is right. It's not Hines holding this up at all. It's the State/MBTA.

What's holding this up appears to have been Amtrak, actually, though that's what was said the MBTA board so take with a grain of salt.

So basically they want this to go through, its waiting on 1 last approval, theyre trying as hard as they can to get it done but Amtrak held it up, and well know in April whether its going to move forward?

So basically they want this to go through, its waiting on 1 last approval, theyre trying as hard as they can to get it done but Amtrak held it up, and well know in April whether its going to move forward?

I'm not sure I'd frame it that way (even though I basically did before). It sounded like the project manager on the MBTA end is working diligently to make all the little approvals happen, and explicitly mentioned Amtrak as one set of them. Hines has been working at it as well.

I think this project is being held up by how complicated all the sign-offs on building above MBTA and Amtrak platforms are. My point was just that it's not incompetence slowing it down, nor does it seem to be financing.

All parties are working hard to make this happen. At some point between now and April, the PM is hoping to have a final development agreement ready for the Board to vote on, pending the completion of the GMP and the finance plan.

Back