State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Almost eclipsing the Sudbury from this vantage. More windows installed on this side.
C594C947-3883-4360-9250-0107C1DAFFD5.jpeg

Still waiting for them to put caps on those mullion joints...
If they're not going to, it's a big win over the thick silver protruding ones in the renderings.

I won't get my hopes up.

Still waiting for them to put caps on those mullion joints...
If they're not going to, it's a big win over the thick silver protruding ones in the renderings.

I won't get my hopes up.

I've been following (with excitement) this development since its proposal, but even after some thought and review of renders, I'm still not sure what detail(s) you're referring to here. Educate me?

I've been following (with excitement) this development since its proposal, but even after some thought and review of renders, I'm still not sure what detail(s) you're referring to here. Educate me?
Sure thing.
If you look closely at the mullions between the window, they appear to be proud of the glass surface by about an inch or so. They are expressed more like a grid of square tubes holding the glass.
eeddd.JPG

Vs. the construction photo which shows just a thin gasket and frame around each panel with a narrow dark seam between them.
51061794217_bc45546406_b.jpg

The former is pretty standard curtainwall assembly that uses a separate snap-on cover piece. Nothing particularly wrong with this method, but it produces a less smooth overall façade of glass instead of a more minimal (and probably more expensive) detail which is flush/thin.

I think a more minimal detail would compliment the curved/flowing design of the overall massing. I don't know what the actual assembly detail they're using is, but I'd be surprised if they didn't render it in for it to show up more elegantly once constructed.

I’m bumping this post in case these photos help this discussion. Pretty confident these samples that were at Suffolk Downs were for this site.
Nice! Those are good to see, thanks for linking.
Looks like what's up is what we're getting then.

Sure thing.
If you look closely at the mullions between the window, they appear to be proud of the glass surface by about an inch or so. They are expressed more like a grid of square tubes holding the glass.
View attachment 11544
Vs. the construction photo which shows just a thin gasket and frame around each panel with a narrow dark seam between them.
View attachment 11545

The former is pretty standard curtainwall assembly that uses a separate snap-on cover piece. Nothing particularly wrong with this method, but it produces a less smooth overall façade of glass instead of a more minimal (and probably more expensive) detail which is flush/thin.

I think a more minimal detail would compliment the curved/flowing design of the overall massing. I don't know what the actual assembly detail they're using is, but I'd be surprised if they didn't render it in for it to show up more elegantly once constructed.
Hey thanks so much for the clarification.

I feel like this building is facing the wrong way.

I know it needs to open up onto the street, but I wish the "interesting" part was facing the river rather than the harbor from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

I feel like this building is facing the wrong way.

I know it needs to open up onto the street, but I wish the "interesting" part was facing the river rather than the harbor from a purely aesthetic standpoint.
more incentive to hang out in east boston!

Nice! Those are good to see, thanks for linking.
Looks like what's up is what we're getting then.
if you check the last photos in particular (3284, for example) it looks like leading up to the pleating are the flat, unadorned joints that you were kind enough to explain, but then after (behind) the pleating you get what you described as "square tube" mullions. (or am i still not grasping the topic?)

Back