State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

stick n move

Reaction score
I wonder how much money theyre really going to save in the end by demolishing the upper 2 floors of the garage, building a new roof deck, demolishing the overhang, building a new rear entrance, scooping out a corner to build the sudbury, building 1 congress next to and within the other side, building the 2nd residential towerin another corner, wrapping a whole new facade on the exterior and adding retail and housing. I wonder if it would have made more sense to just demolish the whole thing and start fresh.

Anyways cant wait for the overhang demo and 2nd residential tower.

DZH22

Reaction score
...I wonder if it would have made more sense to just demolish the whole thing and start fresh....
I'm guessing it was done this way so they could keep the parking money flowing during construction. Just a guess. I don't even know if the garage is technically still open right now.

Vagabond

Reaction score
I wonder how much money theyre really going to save in the end by demolishing the upper 2 floors of the garage, building a new roof deck, demolishing the overhang, building a new rear entrance, scooping out a corner to build the sudbury, building 1 congress next to and within the other side, building the 2nd residential towerin another corner, wrapping a whole new facade on the exterior and adding retail and housing. I wonder if it would have made more sense to just demolish the whole thing and start fresh.

Anyways cant wait for the overhang demo and 2nd residential tower.
It's not new construction, it's just a remodel! Barely need any permits for that! /s

KriterionBOS

Reaction score
This is going up fast. When's it expected to top out? My guess would be Q1 2022...

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
This building will be taller than the Sudbury, so the concrete core still needs to get some more height, correct?

393b40

Reaction score
Definitely I think maybe another 15 stories or so.

Suffolk 83

Reaction score
Seems like this is on track to be the most photographed building since MT on Ab. Four Seasons didnt seem to have as many updates, maybe because of its location