State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

I wonder how much money theyre really going to save in the end by demolishing the upper 2 floors of the garage, building a new roof deck, demolishing the overhang, building a new rear entrance, scooping out a corner to build the sudbury, building 1 congress next to and within the other side, building the 2nd residential towerin another corner, wrapping a whole new facade on the exterior and adding retail and housing. I wonder if it would have made more sense to just demolish the whole thing and start fresh.

Anyways cant wait for the overhang demo and 2nd residential tower.

...I wonder if it would have made more sense to just demolish the whole thing and start fresh....

I'm guessing it was done this way so they could keep the parking money flowing during construction. Just a guess. I don't even know if the garage is technically still open right now.

I wonder how much money theyre really going to save in the end by demolishing the upper 2 floors of the garage, building a new roof deck, demolishing the overhang, building a new rear entrance, scooping out a corner to build the sudbury, building 1 congress next to and within the other side, building the 2nd residential towerin another corner, wrapping a whole new facade on the exterior and adding retail and housing. I wonder if it would have made more sense to just demolish the whole thing and start fresh.

Anyways cant wait for the overhang demo and 2nd residential tower.
It's not new construction, it's just a remodel! Barely need any permits for that! /s

9180EE9A-BC7E-4C9C-9553-E539EAA2897E.jpeg

This is going up fast. When's it expected to top out? My guess would be Q1 2022...

This building will be taller than the Sudbury, so the concrete core still needs to get some more height, correct?

Definitely I think maybe another 15 stories or so.

Seems like this is on track to be the most photographed building since MT on Ab. Four Seasons didnt seem to have as many updates, maybe because of its location

Seems like this is on track to be the most photographed building since MT on Ab. Four Seasons didnt seem to have as many updates, maybe because of its location

I’m willing to bet that this is on track to become the most distinguished addition to Boston’s skyline from the Harbor since Rowes Wharf. HYM is constructing a stunner. I am morbidly curious to see how this is received from non-Bostonians upon completion.

Back