State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

^^600' (48 stories) was for the occupied floor height (2013 downsized)

But, early planning in 2009 called for an office tower

of 52 stories pushing over 700'.

from 2013
If I remember correctly the first proposal was planned to be around 750'....

Last edited:
The original proposal was hot garbage compared to what we're getting.

^^This. The office tower will have 1 overbearing feature.

i hate to deliver bad news but, it's going to reach

601 feet to the tip. :mad:

considering it was originally proposed to go ~700', this kinda sucks.

Your own construction list has this project listed as, "Govt Center office tower/Downtown 43 stories + tall mech screen 647' tip"

Has something changed?

Your own construction list has this project listed as, "Govt Center office tower/Downtown 43 stories + tall mech screen 647' tip"

Has something changed?

He's probably looking at this, which happens to be the highest entry listed for this building.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=392260918&row=10

This confuses me as the diagram for this building clearly shows it in the 640's range. I guess I don't know exactly what part of the building is referred to with "Point 1" etc. It's something to keep an eye on.

^^Yes, and Yes. Something's amiss. But, at least until something changes, the highest FAA is
the final word. The scale of the towers has been consistent for every published image the
past few years, and show 1 Congress rising 100~105' higher than the Residential tower.

23042906486_06cf75e49c.jpg

22563321285_53e30b04f6.jpg

21940579244_c0e1e2e09f.jpg

Using the clearest image to scale, you're between 647' and 652'......

That last image shows the office tower even deeper into the garage then the res. Its not tho so its confusing.

That last image shows the office tower even deeper into the garage then the res. Its not tho so its confusing.

Not following what you're saying here. The Residential tower takes up more of the existing garage than the office tower will and that last render (looks like the Bowker St. angle) seems to illustrate that. The office tower will be built mostly on the land where the spiral ramps, elevator bank, and New Chardon entrance/exit are. The overhead shot on google maps highlights it well right now since it shows the cutout for the residential tower.

Re: Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

I really hope the dismantling of the garage goes faster than last time. I remember months of waiting around watching the concrete come apart bit by bit.

Man - looking at these photos and renders, I can't decide if I'm more excited about this project, 1000 Boylston and co., or the Hub on Causeway! All 3 of these projects are trans-formative and amazing for their respective neighborhoods. I think when you combine this project with The Hub because of their proximity and relationship with Bullfinch Triangle and the view down Canal Street, you have to say these are a bigger (combined) deal. Great stuff all around! Thanks to everyone posting all the great pics!

That really is one of the best parts of this cycle. The hole at DTX, the Winthrop sq garage, the Gov Ctr garage... gone.

Is there a timeline posted for the office building somewhere? Like a estimate on when we'll see demo done and steel rising...?

Demolition of the big drum ramp is now underway

Boston, or maybe just archboston.... needs a controlled demo, preferably of something big

Back