State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Gunner, was the Greenway shot taken after the other three? I ask because if the case it looks like in the time between the pics from Somerset Street to the Greenway shot, a new support collar was for the western tower crane was (at least partially) installed about two floors below where the current pour is.

If that's the case it looks like we can expect another (perhaps final?) crane jump soon.

Last edited:
Should look wicked huge from the Esplanade.
2E5E1B45-5539-4233-A7EF-79A5E1BA7EB0.jpeg

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's a pretty good video (with annoying music) of the completed project...

One Congress from Carr Properties on Vimeo
It's interesting that 1 Dalton isn't shown at all in the background of this video yet all Hub on Causeway buildings are shown completed. It had to have been finished or close to finished when this video was made.

It's interesting that 1 Dalton isn't shown at all in the background of this video yet all Hub on Causeway buildings are shown completed. It had to have been finished or close to finished when this video was made.

You can see it peaking out from behind the Pru at 14 seconds, again at 1:02, and then again at the end starting at 1:59.

For height explanation, reference my old post here #229 in this thread to see the diagrams described below.

The 647' was an estimated measurement by Odurandina based on comparing pixels across 2 diagrams, the first of the residential (with heights listed) and the second with the residential next to the office tower. The residential is listed as 547', but that's above sea level. The ground level is listed as 27', but it's difficult to decipher how the hill fits in to that measurement, as official height is taken from the lowest point. So the residential is AT LEAST 520', but more likely in the 530's, which it certainly appears to be.

The second diagram put a 647' measurement to the tip, above sea level, comparing it to the residential. Once again, that's above sea level, and might also be overstated if counting the residential as a full 547'. The office tower sits slightly lower, so it's more likely we'd be thinking the tip is about 625'-635'. However, the highest FAA point lists it as 601'. The question again becomes, did that point capture the very tip of the higher fin, and count from the lowest point on the building?

So I am of the mind that this is between 601' as the worst case scenario, and 635' as the best case scenario, with the ~625' as the likeliest case unless they did in fact reduce the fin's height from the original diagram.
I’m going to say 618’. I don’t have any reason
You can see it peaking out from behind the Pru at 14 seconds, again at 1:02, and then again at the end starting at 1:59.
i didn’t see the Alcott in the video. Only one missing as far as I can tell.

Oh yea, it just makes the Pru look slightly fatter on one side. I guess I thought it would be further to the right of the Pru from those angles. I would love to see this video with all of the currently under construction buildings rendered in (Alcott, Winthrop, South Station, and all the Cambridge stuff that can be seen from one of the office views). My only complaint with the final product is that the tall-ish building that will be built in front of Sudbury looks too similar and makes it look extremely busy. Otherwise that area is gonna be amazing!

Last edited:
Oh yea, it just makes the Pru look slightly fatter on one side. I guess I thought it would be further to the right of the Pru from those angles. I would love to see this video with all of the currently under construction buildings rendered in (Alcott, Winthrop, South Station, and all the Cambridge stuff that can be seen from one of the office views). My only complaint with the final product is that the tall-ish building that will be built in front of Sudbury looks too similar and makes it look extremely busy. Otherwise that area is gonna be amazing!

Agreed, they need to change the color of the building in front.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it was done this way so they could keep the parking money flowing during construction. Just a guess. I don't even know if the garage is technically still open right now.
Apparently keeping the garage operating was essential towards financing the project. The deal "maker".

I agree with others that the 2nd residential tower should be a different color to differentiate it from the first. Right now it detracts from the Sudbury by masquerading as a worse version of it next door. Literally any other color would work better than what they are planning.

Will the rest of the project commence once One Congress is complete? What's the timeline for the second residential tower and all the smaller buildings?

Boston has needed this shaped building at this height...forever! What a wonderful addition to the skyline and the streetscape. Can't wait for the final completion of the area. That $2.50 per day garage (back when built) has come a long way!

I agree with others that the 2nd residential tower should be a different color to differentiate it from the first. Right now it detracts from the Sudbury by masquerading as a worse version of it next door. Literally any other color would work better than what they are planning.
Or else they should've made it one big, connected building and put it up simultaneously with the Sudbury.

I'm sure this has been litigated and re-litigated already, but why does the second res tower look like such an afterthought? Especially compared to the first two, it looks like something went very awry there.

Would we welcome flecks of brown or tan in the shorter residential tower? I'm trying to envision it

I'm sure this has been litigated and re-litigated already, but why does the second res tower look like such an afterthought? Especially compared to the first two, it looks like something went very awry there.

I've never actually seen design documents for the second residential tower (or at least I haven't in a very long time). The Sudbury and One Congress were both presented to the BPDA in separate design reviews. It's possible that's largely a placeholder.

Has anyone seen Haymarket headhouse designs floating around? I would presume that's pretty far along if the garage demo is happening this summer...

Back