State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

I assume the shape is meant to invoke sails as per State Street's logo, but what's funny is looking at it I get more of a Fleet Bank vibe.
Wasn't it designed and built on spec, well before State Street was an anchor tenant? That's absolutely my memory of the timeline, including the (understandable) push-back to the clunky, Times New Roman "State Street" logo being awkwardly affixed to the exterior of easily the most "modern-looking" Boston high-rise.

20211118_133715.jpg

Wasn't it designed and built on spec, well before State Street was an anchor tenant? That's absolutely my memory of the timeline, including the (understandable) push-back to the clunky, Times New Roman "State Street" logo being awkwardly affixed to the exterior of easily the most "modern-looking" Boston high-rise.

I mean, we were just talking about how "New Roman" this building looks...

Though we can't imagine anything hipper than sans-serif fonts at the moment, y'all know whatever generation comes after Z is gonna love them some Times New Roman and consider us hopelessly out of touch. This building will be ahead of its time.

I’m starting to worry that the swoop isn’t nearly as… swoopy as the early renders depicted. From this angle you have to look pretty closely to see that it isn't just a straight up oval. The “sheath” effect is less pronounced than I was expecting

View attachment 18868
Is it just me or does that building look like a modern woman in need of a nicotine addiction?

1637268166290.png
1637268485366.png

Was there ever a topping-out ceremony for the tower? If there was, I somehow missed it!! :eek:

anyone know the name of that new building going up in the foreground in the last pic? (IMG_6681)

Back