The Apartments at 525 Huntington Ave @ Wentworth | 525 Huntington Ave | Fenway

Re: The Apartments at 525 Huntington Ave (Wentworth)

That's the actual webcam... interesting.

Well, now I feel like an idiot waiting for the .gif to cycle.

video.cgi

Carry over to the top of this new page.

Just checked the webcam. Looks like construction has started.

Just checked the webcam. Looks like construction has started.

Yes indeed! Site excavation is in full swing. I was just about to bump this, but you beat me. =)

This, combined with their drab "new" dorm down the block, will be poor marketing for Wentworth's architecture program.

This, combined with their drab "new" dorm down the block, will be poor marketing for Wentworth's architecture program.

Triple 5 (555) is really quite nice. The facade has a TON of depth made of quality materials. The only shortcoming of Triple 5 is that the retail space that was supposed to be on the ground floor didn't work out and became the CLP.

Also, WIT's architecture program is rapidly on the rise and not stopping anytime soon because of the campus' lackluster buildings. The new Ira Allen addition is spectacular as well.

Yesterday from the ground:

8556978545_6c9c58cb04_b.jpg

I can't believe it was 10 years ago I was buying blunt wraps at the gas station there.

In about three days this went from being exactly as it has been for weeks, to a full blown construction site with piles of dirt everywhere. :)

Crane is on site as of this morning. See webcam above ^^

Cruddy Saturday morning:

8734567010_6c8c213a80_b.jpg

And sunny Mothers Day afternoon:

8733399765_6f4ec02149_b.jpg

Watching that webcam puts me in a trance like state having lived down the street for several years. I can't even count the number of times I bought gas at that Texaco station.

Speaking of which, I would imagine there must have been quite a bit of soil remediation and ground water testing etc. on that site. No matter how good those gas tanks are, there always seems to be some leakage into the soil. Any civil / environmental engineers here?

Watching that webcam puts me in a trance like state having lived down the street for several years. I can't even count the number of times I bought gas at that Texaco station.

Speaking of which, I would imagine there must have been quite a bit of soil remediation and ground water testing etc. on that site. No matter how good those gas tanks are, there always seems to be some leakage into the soil. Any civil / environmental engineers here?

Wentworth did extensive soil testing starting in 2011. I remember seeing the personal messages they sent out.

I am loving the embedded live webcam. It is almost hypnotizing.

Back