The archBoston Meetup Thread

I thought we had postponed it. I made plans tonight for the Revs game vs SKC.

Actually, i'll be there just in case anyone does show up. I'll get there around 6:15-6:30 and stay until 7:30-8:00 in case anyone shows up.

Look for me: red Red Sox hat. Glasses. Goatee and stubble. Good luck.

Damn. I loved last year's meetup, but I too was under the impression it wasn't happening. We should still try for another one this year!

Damn. I loved last year's meetup, but I too was under the impression it wasn't happening. We should still try for another one this year!

It didn't really. It was just two of us. I went primarily because some people earlier in the thread had said they would come then we cancelled really late for Beer and Transit folks but then THAT got cancelled. I went and figured if anyone showed up then whatever it wouldn't be a wasted trip downtown for them if they didn't check the aB board recently.

We'll figure something out for Mid-Late June that will be more organized.

Any chance of getting another one together sometime before the end of July?

Wouldn't mind going to one more meetup before I head off to England. One with more than 2 people.

From other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Let's do some planning

http://www.archboston.org/community/...?t=4985&page=3
Yeah my time over the next month is limited but I could make time for this. I'm OOT from July 11 to the 25th tho (on vacation on the Cape)

But happy to help organize something.

It would be hard to do so over the next week or so considering next week is a short week for many (and the start of many vacations).

Thoughts?

PS - I know I'm not much of a contributor or regular but maybe we should setup a GoFundMe or a paypal link so folks can donate. I cannot imagine the hosting for this site is cheap.

I'm working behind the bar at the Beat Brasserie (nee Beat Hotel, same owners as the Beehive) in Harvard. Most of the days you guys want to meet up doesn't work for me, but if that was used as a venue I could chat for a bit. Wednesday and Thursday we don't get a crowd till late. You could take over one of the bars.

Should we plan something for mid- or late- July? Preferably mid-week, too, right? Somewhere around July 14-16 or 21-23?

Now's the time to plan. We're a month out.

I'm absolutely down with davem's idea re: location.

I agree: let's plan now for mid-July. I personally can't do Wednesday evenings, but the other days mentioned above will be just fine.

16th 6:00PM @ Biddy Early's?

Don't think it'll be too crowded on a Tuesday.

Unfortunately mid-july doesn't work for me so I'll have to skip this one. I'll be on cape cod that week :-/

I do like the location.. I think 'taking over' a bar is a better idea than trying to organize a place. Then we're not committed to bring the bar/restaurant owner business. We just show up (and if no one shows up, no big deal either.

Either of the dates suggested by BostUrbEx work for me, and Beat Brasserie sounds good.

Back