The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

2007 - "I can't wait until the area is built-up and these shitty, temporary Silver Line headhouses are replaced with entrances integrated into buildings!"

2017 - "LOL, what were the odds of that actually happening?"

Just checked out Bonobos's website. Actually seems pretty cool and will be looking forward to giving them a try when it opens. Both Bonobos and Filson ads have made their way to the retail level windows of the Benjamin.

^ Bonobos was recently acquired by Walmart. It's kind of sad that this is turning out to be just another zone of mall stores.

What did you think was going to be in there? A little mom and pop artisan shop couldn't afford the rent in these spaces.

What did you think was going to be in there? A little mom and pop artisan shop couldn't afford the rent in these spaces.

There's no reason why they couldn't subsidize some local retail. They just weren't required to by the BRA, and these developers only do things that are required to get their permits.

Mr. Sid is a very local, pretty unique coup for this development I feel. It's a premium shop, sure, but sounds exactly like the kind of exclusive/destination retail we all are asking for here.

2007 - "I can't wait until the area is built-up and these shitty, temporary Silver Line headhouses are replaced with entrances integrated into buildings!"

2017 - "LOL, what were the odds of that actually happening?"

Agree. Those Silver Line headhouses are ass ugly. One of them dominates sidewalk space in an otherwise wide sidewalk area. Did I mention they are ugly? Even the one integrated to Yotel is an eyesore.

^ Bonobos was recently acquired by Walmart. It's kind of sad that this is turning out to be just another zone of mall stores.

Oh... Well if the material quality goes down, I am definitely no longer interested. Buzzkill indeed.

JM-A.com

seaport-square-2017-thumb.gif

That pool looks nice. Does each building have their own pool or do they share?

Exciting times! I love visiting the L.L. Bean store in Freeport. It will be great to have a closer location, especially for returns and exchanges. I do wish they would make some of the clothes less baggy, but maybe as I fill out over time this will become less of an issue.

Back on topic ... I think these buildings have turned out quite well, though my expectations weren't very high. I would love to have the view facing the Financial District above the Envoy from this building :)

The appeal of LL Bean for me, going back 40 years, was its "unique-ness". Opening branches lessens that appeal, but obviously it's a great idea if you're a company that wants to increase sales (hopefully).

Lol, the "baggy" problem. Haven't had that for awhile ..

Anyone know what that is in the second floor of that rendering. Looks to be a restaurant at first glance, but it appears the seating is along the windows with an open floor plan. Either way this looks like it will be a good start to the stretch of retail coming to the area. Idk about you guys but I am definitely going to be going to the movie theater here, its close to where I live and going to be a quick red line trip and a short walk to get to.

LL Bean may not be for everyone but with the M parcels coming on line, pier 4, here, and the residential portion of seaport square there is going to be thousands and thousands of square feet of new retail space to fill. Inevitably there is going to be something for pretty much everyone. An interesting trend is the cafe neros...etc and other places bringing their first locations in the US, east coast, massachusetts, boston, to these new spaces.

Last edited:
+1 - love the passion as always SnM. I for one am elated that M block, 399 Congress and the Farnsworth/Thompson Street projects all broke construction. Wasnt sure if we would see those this cycle or next. Once the lots across from City Tap get closed and rebooted you will be able to say the seaport has moved to its endgame. And there are 2 Fan Pier parcels left. All this was was very rapid since 2011!

Back