The Beverly (née Merano) (Parcels 1B & 1C) | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

Re: The Merano

Anything on the Merano property is probably just staging for the Victor. Walking past it, you don't get the impression that they're about to get started.

They haven't used it as staging for the Victor at all. I'm not sure why they would start now after all this time of heavy work and lifting steel beams being completed.

I've definitely seen them staging Victor stuff there when I walk past in the morning.

Hmm. Guess they do so off and on then.

Here's one pic from July:

8007655221_2d1775e891_b.jpg

No staging, but crane was up, and I think a second crane was being assembled? I have some other pics of various times with nothing going on.

How do they work out the staging? Does the owner of the Merano plot charge a little to the Victor developer? (Or are they owned by the same company?) Or is it more of "hey, empty lot, let's just use it and hope the developer doesn't notice/complain"?

Between versions 1-4 and then the whole scale-back to apartments, I have no idea what the final rendering is. Does anyone know where to find it?
Thanks in advance.

How do they work out the staging? Does the owner of the Merano plot charge a little to the Victor developer? (Or are they owned by the same company?) Or is it more of "hey, empty lot, let's just use it and hope the developer doesn't notice/complain"?

My guess is the later. I've never seen them doing any heavy work there. More just parking stuff momentarily. That lot gets squatted on pretty regularly actually. TV crews love setting up over there for B's and C's games.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned or is common knowledge, but that crane says "CRANE" on it in really big letters. This has peaked my interest. Did some guy named Crane have a really awesome idea for his family business, or did Sesame Workshop start labeling our city to benefit the learning of schoolchildren visiting on field trips? Either way, nice work.

Former president and founder:

bob-crane-sized.jpg

Between versions 1-4 and then the whole scale-back to apartments, I have no idea what the final rendering is. Does anyone know where to find it?
Thanks in advance.

picture.php

This is from the CBT Architects revised proposal that was approved by BRA back in October of last year. CBT has not updated the Merano renderings on their projects site (still the circa. 2008 development). I will note that the placement of the Zakim in the background is misleading, it should appear further to the left in front of The Victor.

^Thank you.

Well, at least it will add some density.

Good observation about the bridge.

This image is from the revamped project earlier this year.

meranoapprovedfromgreen.jpg

^ Thanks and Touché.

I actually like this rendering better with the balconies facing down the greenway. They also fixed the placement of the Zakim a bit.

I like it too...I always enjoy the happy people wandering around in these renderings....something one rarely ends up seeing in the final reality.

Speaking of scalies... and plots of land near the Zakim...

5985219792_55c1747fe1_b.jpg

Does this not look like something out of a render? I took this on the day Hubway first launched. I love it because it just looks too 'perfect' to have actually happened. Complete with guy just chillin' with bike and a hand in his pocket, a man receiving help with directions from some woman, people chatting... the works!

I totally thought that was a rendering at first! Hubway should copy and past the people in your photo into their actual renderings of new stations.

That does look insanely renderish

They include "affordable units" for the apartments, maybe they should be forced to include "affordable rooms" for the hotels, too.

Joking. Neither makes sense.

So this was supposed to begin construction in Fall 2012. We're now halfway through Winter 2013, and there's no progress. Any ideas?

Back