The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

it's the office tower under construction. if you check the webcam it looks like it's already started to rise.

I am waiting for a tennant that allows progress on the towers, or the opening of the passage to the GL/OL platforms (though this will soon matter less if Science Park and lechmere are going to get closed anyway for the construction of new lechmere and Viaduct.

^^i'm thinking that too..... B.P./D.N. seemed to clarify a few weeks ago the office tower wouldn't rise until a tenant was safely in port.

The majority of the office space contained within phase 1 was already leased a few months back. It wouldn't surprise me if they found a tenant for the tower itself.

That would be great news, though my greedier half is doubly eager to hear some good news regarding the proposed beautiful Government Center Office Tower (also waiting to procure a tenant before moving forward).

The facade haaaas to be going up soon. Once it does this area is forever 100% better than it was 5 years ago. Anyone know when its going to start going up?

IAM thinkin this BOaRD FULL of no Stradumblas predictsions. like SYCKICKS! wanting SUPERBOLL predistions TOO PLEASE!!!!

HOORAT FOR MORE TALL BUILDINS!!!!

Topping off ceremony in a few days. Grand entrance to the Garden + North Station officially opens in October.

The facade haaaas to be going up soon. Once it does this area is forever 100% better than it was 5 years ago. Anyone know when its going to start going up?

It has to be soon. The fireproofing is being applied now.

IAM thinkin this BOaRD FULL of no Stradumblas predictsions. like SYCKICKS! wanting SUPERBOLL predistions TOO PLEASE!!!!

HOORAT FOR MORE TALL BUILDINS!!!!

bostonbred, you need to make yourself less scarce around here. We haven't had one of your posts like this in too long!

Topping off ceremony in a few days. Grand entrance to the Garden + North Station officially opens in October.

can there be such thing as a topping off ceremony for a podium??

in Boston, apparently. it's good to keep a sense of humor.

Go ice skating.
Go sledding....
Take your dog for a walk....
try some ice fishing...
Build a winter bonfire and make s'mores.
Go cross-country skiing.
Attend a dog-sled race....
watch Super Bowl
have a topping off ceremony for a podium, confident this isn't some absurd thing.

it's important to set the bar high.....

can there be such thing as a topping off ceremony for a podium??

The topping off is an important recognition for the steelworkers, who worked outdoors through the coldest stretch in Boston's recorded history in jobs that place them at considerable risk of injury or death.

But sure, your height fetish matters too.

Grand entrance to the Garden + North Station officially opens in October.

I've looked at several renderings of the grand entrance and I'm not sure, and I'd like to know, if the front of the grand entrance (I know the top of the entrance atrium is covered) is totally open to the elements or is just partially open to the elements. It looks totally open at this point in construction.

The topping off is an important recognition for the steelworkers, who worked outdoors through the coldest stretch in Boston's recorded history in jobs that place them at considerable risk of injury or death.

What does this have to do with a height fetish? It has more to do with NOT BEING DONE WITH EITHER BUILDING.

I don't remember seeing 1 Dalton put a flag and a tree up after taking 6 months to complete the first 6 floors. In fact, I have never seen this treatment in my life for a tower's podium.

+1

Also, Steve Adams is reporting (as of 6m ago) that the topping off is happening today.

If this is all you people have to worry about all day....

What does this have to do with a height fetish? It has more to do with NOT BEING DONE WITH EITHER BUILDING.

I don't remember seeing 1 Dalton put a flag and a tree up after taking 6 months to complete the first 6 floors. In fact, I have never seen this treatment in my life for a tower's podium.

Is it possible the transitions to the next phases are not going to be as seamless as we all had hoped for? If the same workers continue to lay more steel on top of these buildings without missing a beat, I agree it's a bit strange to hold a topping off ceremony now. I am just nervous there will be some period of time between the completion of these podiums and the start of the tower.

Back