The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Re: TD Garden Towers

Elevation:
The+Boston+Garden_PNF+FR+Elevation.bmp

I'm assuming that the tower on the left is the Nashua Street Residences, correct? Has there been any news on this? Wasn't it supposed to have started last month? Also, it looks approximately 440' if the tallest tower is exactly 600', which is slightly taller that anticipated. Has that particular render of it been posted before?

Just imagine how different that area of the city will look if these and the Government Center Garage project get built?

I'm assuming that the tower on the left is the Nashua Street Residences, correct?

I think so. It's in the right place and looks somewhat like the renders. It also doesn't appear in the other site plans for these towers.

The Nashua Street Residences are mentioned in the pnf. It says that the Residences will be built "soon" and that they need "no further review." It also says that the Boston Garden Towers are the last phase of redevelopment, a phase which is supposed to be built after the Residences.

Everything but that tower on the right is ok.

I'm assuming that the tower on the left is the Nashua Street Residences, correct? Has there been any news on this? Wasn't it supposed to have started last month? Also, it looks approximately 440' if the tallest tower is exactly 600', which is slightly taller that anticipated. Has that particular render of it been posted before?

They have issued RFP's to potential developers for certain aspects of the project. At least, I know there is one for the hotel

The right office tower is fatter, but this shows its broken up a bit, sort of like 111 Huntington. That should help

The%2520Boston%2520Garden_PNF%2520Tower.jpg

Tall one is positively handsome. The short one is a cut above most of what we see. The middle sized one, I don't know. It's got the schizophrenic-mash-up thing I dislike from so many Cambridge labs and the Fenway, but totally acceptable.

The ground floor and station enhancement is a grand-slam! A grocery store and pharmacy linked to a major commuting hub? Who would have thought of that? (answer: Europe, Japan, and every other civilized place on earth...)

600ft? That's quite a surprise. What is the likeliness of them getting that rezoning approval?

Also, should we expect all those dick-face "neighbors" to the GC garage project to take their recently typed comments and send them to these developers with HYM's name and address crossed out. Hopefully they used all their chips.

Last edited:

This is the last chance saloon for the long promised new downtown grocery store that the North End, West End, and Beacon Hill neighborhood associations have been fighting for going on 10 or so years at this point. I'm hearing North Enders bitching about traffic already, but I'd be willing to guess there will be some leeway on the usual issues as long as there's FINALLY a new grocery store.

This is the last chance saloon for the long promised new downtown grocery store that the North End, West End, and Beacon Hill neighborhood associations have been fighting for going on 10 or so years at this point. I'm hearing North Enders bitching about traffic already, but I'd be willing to guess there will be some leeway on the usual issues as long as there's FINALLY a new grocery store.

I would like to agree with this. Hopefully developers can leverage the grocery store into making the neighborhood accept some design specifications that they would normally bitch and moan about.

I'm not holding my breath though...

If a grocery store was to go anywhere in this area, it would be here. I really don't see how they could not do it. It would perhaps be the let down of the decade and prove that Boston is totally incompetent at development, but I really don't anticipate that happening.

Wow, wow, wow!! This looks fantastic. The only problem with seeing a project like this is the two minutes of happiness followed by the undertoe of "aw fuck, what are the neighborhood groups going to do to destroy this?"

I can hear it now: "Why doesnt this include parks? Also, I want a school and 2 pharmacies and a grocery store. This looks so out of place! I demand that it be reduced from 600' to 60'. Also, none of the residents or office workers can have cars and I want a place for my dog to go poop. DEVELOPERS ARE SO GREEDY AND DON'T THINK OF ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES"

In all seriousness though, I pray this can go through the development process unscathed.

No way it stays 600'

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the reason they propose 600 ft is because they expect to reduce it by another 100 ft to satisfy the community. They even make their rendering look super dense in order to scare them.

^well...they should've started at 700 ft because we all know they will chop more than 100 feet from this project.

^I hope not. I think the developer has a lot of sway, can saw we need this to get the supermarket rents where they need to be, and if we can't build density here, where can we.

Plus the Mayor just released a big plan talking about density and housing and height around stations. Will be kind of nuts if on the way out he says this can't go ahead. I bet this steamrolls and the developer knows it.

Back