The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

The comments posted by the BPDA indicate that some revisions were made for the 4/10 meeting, but the presentation itself is still not up.

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/62d9ad37-24a1-4d16-b0a9-4a6f46102074

I always enjoy the comments--and when there is a form letter they are even more fun. And the form letter is great because much of it is not about the office tower at all, but the whole project. I agree that the whole project is good but the revised office tower shouldn't get a pass because of the street improvements.

Yeah the form letter is awful and hopefully doesn't get weighed into the decision.

My favorite is the first comment in the matrix at the end where the writer rails against the awful architecture (and articulates himself very well) and the BPDA characterizes the opinion as "neutral."

...the writer rails against the awful architecture (and articulates himself very well) and the BPDA characterizes the opinion as "neutral."

Indeed...
facepalm-polar-bear.jpg

Nice, I see that my oppose comment made it. I actually made the effort to be "respectful". Now that I see what the majority of commenters tend to be, I won't spend so much time the next time around.

Ellen Stahl forgets that this is on top of the 2nd largest rail station in New England.

Looking at it though I only saw 2 comments complaining about either the size of the building. Overall the public sentiment, apart from an extremely small minority, is that something big could be built here.

Yeah the form letter is awful and hopefully doesn't get weighed into the decision.

My favorite is the first comment in the matrix at the end where the writer rails against the awful architecture (and articulates himself very well) and the BPDA characterizes the opinion as "neutral."

Uh ..that is an AB poster ... 100%.

Can the author of that comment please fess up ... (to us) ... we wont tell anyone.

cca

Looks like there’s options for carve outs and reveals to break up the spare tire, which I like.

Gotta hit their quota of facade styles while dancing around fixing the actual issue with the design.

What ever happened to them giving us a concession and throwing the spire on top to give it some height and break up the flat roof? Didnt that come because some posters from here talked to someone and they said yea why not we can do a spire. So all thats out the window now. I thought that was a nice gesture and it would have been cool to see something the community helped get put into place actually be built on the skyline. Before that it was that weird solar panel roof behind the black screens that looked horrible. I think the spire version came out the best. Most of them before that were absolute garbage and unfortunately its devolving back into what some of those ugly stubs were back then. Why though? Why crush something thats actually pretty good and a shining beacon for your development team and the spire at the gate to Boston. Now you get some poorly Japanese looking roof with these weird bulges on the building that will relegate this into the mid pack of theyre nothings that theyve built. When you get it right, stop. What they should have done is once the office tower got done and they got antsy redesign the resi...

Why not 'carve out' the bump out and 'reveal' the same facade pattern as the rest of the tower

What ever happened to them giving us a concession and throwing the spire on top to give it some height and break up the flat roof?

Spire?

haha antenna atop a wharf style running board perhaps.

but indeed, a far better shaped, glass tower.

Back